Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apparently EA is up for 'Worst company in America'  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Christovski

Apparently EA is up for 'Worst company in America'
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »
Interesting article about EA being nominated for worst company, and how they reacted in such stupid fashion as they always do to defend their garbage business practices.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/ea-earned-hatred-with-poor-games-lack-of-vision-and-contempt-for-the-audien?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Honestly they have been churning out shit lately, the only reason I have Origin is because I needed to finish Mass Effect.

Too bad they aren't taking the criticism seriously, instead responding 'well we are making money so someone likes it' otherwise they might learn something and go back to releasing games that are fun like back in the day (way back in the day)

Big companies always seem to put profits before quality products I guess.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

Re: Apparently EA is up for 'Worst company in America'
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
Are they honestly the worst company in America?

Sure they treat us like shit, and force us to have always online DRM but I think there are many companies that do worse things, like the banks, big oil and whatnot. EA only really effects consumers (and their employees), while some other companies effect hundreds of thousands of people and the environment around them, that have nothing to do with the company.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
This is really old.

They've already won Worst Company in America  (edit: last year) lol
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:40:08 PM by Billy »
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »

Sure they treat us like shit, and force us to have always online DRM but I think there are many companies that do worse things, like the banks, big oil and whatnot. EA only really effects consumers (and their employees), while some other companies effect hundreds of thousands of people and the environment around them, that have nothing to do with the company.

Yeah I did find it odd they are being repetetively nominated for worst company EVER I mean worst game company yeah but they ain't as bad as some. 

I hate EA but they aren't as bad as that oil company that fucked up their oil well and polluted the shit out of the gulf coast

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Billy

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »

Yeah I did find it odd they are being repetetively nominated for worst company EVER I mean worst game company yeah but they ain't as bad as some. 

I hate EA but they aren't as bad as that oil company that fucked up their oil well and polluted the shit out of the gulf coast

That's BP.

And apparently bad video games are worse than dead animals and billions of lost dollars.

And the bankruptcy caused by Bank of America, too.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:10:26 PM »
Oh it was BP right, BP British Petroleum is not an American company so they could not be nominated for this.

Offline Muffins

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
I remember when call of duty was actually good. I always use to play CoD: United Offensive, its the only CoD game where you can get in tanks. And for those of you who don't know it is an expansion to the Call of Duty.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »
You could use tanks in Call of Duty:World at war Muffins :\

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Plus Cod is activision...

Honestly it's pathetic how a video game company can be considered worse than the private military companies which commit sanctioned murder.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Honestly it's pathetic how a video game company can be considered worse than the private military companies which commit sanctioned murder.

That's more because most people don't know about those guys.

Honestly I'm more interested in EA's response as detailed in that article when EA is just bullshitting about how people hate them

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
You could use tanks in Call of Duty:World at war Muffins :\
and CoD 3 i believe too

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
I'd say the only reason why they are even considered is because of all the bad press they have gotten due to SimCity, DS3 and other things lately. That and because its the internet, people see EA and think 'Evil'!

I'm sure if this was a professional study it would be way different, because at the end of the day EA is just a video game company.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
I'd say the only reason why they are even considered is because of all the bad press they have gotten due to SimCity, DS3 and other things lately. That and because its the internet, people see EA and think 'Evil'!

I'm sure if this was a professional study it would be way different, because at the end of the day EA is just a video game company.

A terrible Video game company that's ruined several franchise and bastardized several games. But still, just a video game company.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »

A terrible Video game company that's ruined several franchise and bastardized several games. But still, just a video game company.
B-but they eat babies! Does BP eat babies? I THINK NOT!

Offline Dante

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 02:38:28 AM »
You guys left out something for why EA is the worst. They actively ruin peoples lives. Part of a successful business or team and EA looks at you? Unless your Gabe Newell you might as well pack up.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 02:38:28 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal