Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My pixelmon minecraft server - Currently running pixelmon 2.5.4  (Read 26975 times)

Offline TvanM

Hey everybody!

As some of you know I own a Pixelmon minecraft server and seeing as I finally sort of finished all the plugin configuration I want to share it with all of you.

What is pixelmon?
Well it basically is pokemon in minecraft. Wild pokemon walk around the world and you can catch, battle and train them. To catch them you need to craft your own pokeballs.

How to install this awesome mod?
It is quite easy really. I'd recommend following this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGtEFmc0nU

If you still have any questions about installing the mod, post here, contact me on steam or ask me on vent when I'm on. I'm sure other people will want to help as well.

Tips/tricks
- Healing your pokemon:
Go to one of the pokecenters to heal your pokemon free of charge. If the server or you get everybody to go to sleep at night your pokemon will also be healed. It is also possible to craft your own healing stations. Check the wiki for that http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Recipes

- Making your own pokeballs:

As it is quite a complex process how to craft your own pokeballs I will explain how to make them here.
1. First off gather a whole bunch of iron and smelt them into iron ingots. With 8 iron ingots you can craft a pixelmon anvil. This is the recipe: http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Anvil.png
Note: This is NOT the standard minecraft anvil!
2. Get 3 iron ingots and place them horizontally next to each other in a crafting bench. Doing so will give you 5 iron discs.
3. Craft yourself a hammer. I would recommend starting out with an iron hammer. This is the recipe: http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:IronHammer.png
4. Place an iron disc on the pixelmon anvil using your right mouse button and then equip your hammer. LEFT CLICK the anvil while holding you hammer untill the iron disc changes shape 3 times. THEN right click on the anvil again. This will give you an iron base. This is the bottom side of any pokeball.
5. To craft normal pokeball lids gather 3 RED APRICORNS and cook them. You can gather apricorns by RIGHT CLICKING on apricorn trees. (Use the communial apricorn farms to gather your first apricorn if you want)
6. Place the 3 cooked apricorns in a horizontal line in a crafting bench. This will give you pokeball discs. (Note: you can craft different kind of pokeballs using different kind of apricorns)
7. Repeat step 4, but this time place the pokeball disc on the anvil.
8. After this you have to get some standard minecraft buttons. Make these by smelting cobblestone into smooth stone and then placing the smooth stone in a crafting slot.
9. Now place the pokeball lid at the top slot of a crafting bench. Place the button in the middle and the iron base at the bottom.
10. Congratulations, you have just crafted your pokeball!

- Catching pokemon:
Catching pokemon is quite easy and can be done using one of two ways:
1. Just throw any pokeball at a pokemon by equipping your pokeball and RIGHT CLICKING.
2. Battle a pokemon and weaken them. Then select "bag" -> "pokeballs" from the menu and choose any pokeball to throw at the wild pokemon.
Wait for a little bit and it will tell you if you have caught the pokemon or not.

- Don't forget!
The server AND the pixelmon mod are both still under construction. This means that, as we have noticed, server and client crashes are still quite common. If I am on steam I will try to fix the server as soon as I can if/when it crashes.

What are the server rules?
1. Do not grief.
2. Do not steal.
3. Do not cheat.
4. Do not wander off too far, as we only have an X amount of disk space. ( Installed world border at x:3000 and z:3000 )
5. DO not plant apricorn trees EVERYWHERE. There are even communial farms which are free to use if you just replant after using them.
6. If you build in or near a village, please consult with the village owner first!
Simple rules right?

What is the server IP?

The server is not whitelisted but you cannot build or destroy anything with default permissions. If someone can vouch for you I will give you trainer permissions which allow you to build and use quite a few commands. For a full list of commands you can always type "/help" in game.

Want to help me out?
Owning a server is not free and I pay for it myself. I already upgraded the server from a small 6 slot server to an 18 slot server to accommodate more people playing on it at once.
Next to that maintaining the server also costs time. If you want to be nice and donate something let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Have feedback or suggestions? Let met know!

Any more questions or anything unclear?

Let me know and I will gladly help you if I'm not busy :-)

New stuff
I will post new stuff I added to the server here.
- Tweaked some prices for commands.
- Added new commands. Use /help for all commands available.
- Some commands now cost money.
- Added a shop plugin. Can buy normal mc stuff from shops now. Will try to figure out how to add pixelmon items later.
- Added a currency system. Use /sell to sell your stuff.

For more info you can always check the website : http://tvanm-pixelmon.beastnode.net/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:43:13 AM by TvanM »

Offline Christovski

Re: My pixelmon minecraft server - Currently running pixelmon 2.1.2
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
Perhaps when I have time, hopefully by then the game will be more stable

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:13:02 PM »
Thanks for that T. The YouTube link was particularly helpful, Krolin gave me one when I tried to install this the first time, I'm guessing the guy was missing a step because it worked once I followed your Youtubers link.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline LegnaDrago

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:47:32 AM »
I want to play in the server but I'm a Guest. My username is LegnaDrago.

Offline TvanM

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
Hello Legna,

I added you to the trainers list so you should have some permissions.

Offline 1camper2

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
can i plz be added to your server my name is 1camper2

Ðeath.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »
Got a question regarding running Pixelmon. Can you run it off your own computer and use hamachi, and still be able to run pixelmon? A few days before you posted this, I was trying to install it on a server, actually.

Offline TvanM

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »
Hi Camper, you have been added.

Got a question regarding running Pixelmon. Can you run it off your own computer and use hamachi, and still be able to run pixelmon? A few days before you posted this, I was trying to install it on a server, actually.

Well, I think it is possible but you have to configure a lot of stuff. Also I don't think you can run a bukkitforge server + pixelmon + your own client with bukkitforge and pixelmon on the same pc.
Might be possible, but I'd recommend checking out the pixelmon forums for that.

Offline holydeath98

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »
I would like to make a water gym, and maybe a floating town on a nearby ocean. If i have the go ahead, id like a bit of materials. ill PM the you details if your okay with the idea
I don't know who you are or what you want. I don't have a lot of money but what i do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting useless shit on the forums I will not look for you I will not pursue you. But if you continue I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline TvanM

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
I would like to make a water gym, and maybe a floating town on a nearby ocean. If i have the go ahead, id like a bit of materials. ill PM the you details if your okay with the idea
Sure PM me the details  :)

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:49 AM »
Whitelist nao.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
Hmm.. This sounds interesting I'm going to have to go on the server sometime. I remember trying this mod when it was earlier in development.

Offline Xenomorph

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
Sm63. Please help me....

Sh*t Boxes I swear to f**king god...
"Music IMO sucks" -Xenomorph God
"*DEAD* (TEAM) IIZard: but i if t how do can radar?"

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
Oh for fuck sake.

You made two fucking leaving threads, you came back after the first one, made a second one, said you'd be gone for good, and now you're back again?

You're either gone or you're not.
Make your damn mind up.

Sorry for being off-topic.

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
Xeno, don't threadcrap, and I thought you left twice for two benign reasons?

Edit:
God-damn Gustav reading my mind >.<
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal