Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minecraft Game Modes - The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Minecraft Game Modes - The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
So as many of you probably know their is now many new Minecraft games such as Hunger Games "A game where you buy a kit and survive until the feast where you then get good loot if you make it their first or what not and kill the last remaining players" Which I fine to be a very very fun game to play with friends and groups, however game like these introduce paying features, such as only 4 kits are free players then pay actual money for additional kits. This for some people is insane and makes them get angry and just forget the mod exist. But how else can these mods exist? They need some sort of compensation besides they host all the servers them self's *Private Mods*, and as many claim the kits aren't game breaking, one always counters another or the fact some say no kit is better then another just simply different. Although this may be true some people still don't care.

Other mods also are for Minecraft, such as Minecrafts Version Of TTT, where the pay function is users can pay for Terrorist Rounds by buying T Passes, which can be used at anytime (max number of T's so if someone else used it they may be unable that round) however, this is also not game braking since you can still get traitor just as much with out it and being traitor doesn't give you anything other then what it would anyways.

Then Hidden Source Mod for Minecraft came out (Ghost Craft) which many dislike and many like. It's paied featured is VIP servers, and Special kits.

What do you all think?

Will their be a massive future for Minecraft Mods?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Dante

Re: Minecraft Game Modes - The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »
I wish we had a Hunger Games server...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 03:00:52 AM »
I'm not sure you can get one.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:36 AM »
I'm not sure you can get one.

Yeah I think somebody owns the rights to the mods and they handle all the servers.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 03:20:35 AM »
I hope you know you spelled Ugly wrong...

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 04:29:18 AM »
I hope you know you spelled Ugly wrong...

And yet you still know what I meant.  Meme9

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
Well I have a Hunger Games map somewhere; all you'd really have to do is throw that up and have someone flying around controlling the opening and other events. Though it's an old one and I'm sure it's not the same.

Either way they're all fun little games to get away from the real minecraft which is cool; but Idunno. I like normal minecraft as something to do when I'm bored so I wouldn't want to ONLY have a Hunger games server or whatever.

Also, people pay extra for minigames in minecraft? Whatt.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »
Well I have a Hunger Games map somewhere; all you'd really have to do is throw that up and have someone flying around controlling the opening and other events. Though it's an old one and I'm sure it's not the same.

Either way they're all fun little games to get away from the real minecraft which is cool; but Idunno. I like normal minecraft as something to do when I'm bored so I wouldn't want to ONLY have a Hunger games server or whatever.

Also, people pay extra for minigames in minecraft? Whatt.
It's become a million dollar industry. They've made boat loads off of the HungerGames one.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »
Yeah it has a lot of game mode potential, it's a fairly customizable sandbox game. With mods added in you can get custom items, blocks, and other features so really the only constraint to what you can do game mode wise is graphics and gameplay mechanics.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
Yeah it has a lot of game mode potential, it's a fairly customizable sandbox game. With mods added in you can get custom items, blocks, and other features so really the only constraint to what you can do game mode wise is graphics and gameplay mechanics.

I have to admit I find it impressive how expanded some modders have been able to design this game without any downloads on the user end required. Pretty impressive.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal