Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should we change some things in Minecraft  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Old Crow

Should we change some things in Minecraft
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:22 AM »
Honestly I would like any ideas from anybody.

I actually like the idea to make smaller pvp teams, that are allowed to build anywhere but we would set down an arena (or 5!) for the teams for fight, with a huge pot of either money or diamonds/iron/desirables for the winners

Thoughts?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

Re: Should we change some things in Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »
Honestly I would like any ideas from anybody.

I actually like the idea to make smaller pvp teams, that are allowed to build anywhere but we would set down an arena (or 5!) for the teams for fight, with a huge pot of either money or diamonds/iron/desirables for the winners

Thoughts?
We should do an arena thing where people can do one on one battles by typing /arena to fight for items. Or a Survival Arena where you fight against endless hordes by yourself as a class or with a partner, for mob drops, exp and some emeralds/money .etc

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:33:19 PM »
Whitelist!
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline arth987

Offline Dante

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
Whitelist!
No. We have been over this several times, why make the server CG only plus a few others.
And its suppose to bring new people in, most people join non-white listed servers.

Offline arth987

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
Wrong. I have been in minecrafted communities that have whitelist and average 105 people each day... If you register it on the right websites then people will register on or forums and request whitelist... Lots of people prefer whitlisted servers because they have a lower chance of being constantly grieved.

Offline Dante

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
Wrong. I have been in minecrafted communities that have whitelist and average 105 people each day... If you register it on the right websites then people will register on or forums and request whitelist... Lots of people prefer whitlisted servers because they have a lower chance of being constantly grieved.
I don't know about you but Non-White-listed gets a lot more people, and if you do white-list it has to be automated, otherwise people will pass it by. And seeing as how the server rarely has more than 5 at a time non-white-listed I don't think it would be a good idea.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »
I think if you whitelist it, and make people apply on the forums; not only do you get more forum traffic, but we know everyone who's playing, and where they plan to be playing/what faction they want to join if any. It's not like you can get the IP unless you know of CG to begin with, it's not like there's a serverlist they pick from; unless we have our IP on some websites advertising to play there. If that's the case I definitely won't be playing.

It would be more organized, and I highly doubt having an unwhitelisted server brings people into the COMMUNITY. Most people on there come from other CG servers, and we already know from CG. I seriously doubt minecraft will bring in many new people, and the people that it does are probably just there to play Minecraft with their friends, which they could do on a whitelist.

Anyone who actually wanted to play Minecraft semi-long-term and become part of the community, would be willing to put a single post on the forum asking to play with us. It's really not that hard. It doesn't make or break playing for me, I just would seriously prefer it and would feel safer playing. I'll probably play more eventually and try to start my own faction so I can know who I'm building next to.. instead of joining the server to find 3 new people building a few dozen blocks next to me.

Till then, I'll be playing with Sqtgdog on the server he's running from his PC, lag free. :p
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
This is my plan of action for the next 48 hours.

1. Factions are now going to be smaller aka they will be teams of up to 4 people, for PvP combat. I will make a Thread for the creation of teams, and since nobody but admins have access to making factions, I will set them all up. DO NOT GRIEF THE OLD FACTION SPAWNS, THEY ARE STILL PROTECTED!!

2. Everywhere will remain PvP for the moment, but I would like to set up on Thursday an event, CG's very own Battle Royale. We need at least 4 teams of 4 people. To buy in your need to bring a minimum of 15 diamonds and 30 Iron Igots, winner takes all. More info will come if everybody is interested.

3. I agree that servers that are whitelisted don't have as much traffic. This could be something we change in the future, but in the mean time with our few numbers, we need all the people we can get. I know we have not offically launched (which I wanted done this week, but certain issues remain)

4. Since factions will not be the main protection, I will put on a protection mod, its simple to use. I will try to have this installed Wens or Thursday.

Questions? Discuss

3 Days isn't log

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:51:45 PM »
This is my plan of action for the next 48 hours.

1. Factions are now going to be smaller aka they will be teams of up to 4 people, for PvP combat. I will make a Thread for the creation of teams, and since nobody but admins have access to making factions, I will set them all up. DO NOT GRIEF THE OLD FACTION SPAWNS, THEY ARE STILL PROTECTED!!

2. Everywhere will remain PvP for the moment, but I would like to set up on Thursday an event, CG's very own Battle Royale. We need at least 4 teams of 4 people. To buy in your need to bring a minimum of 15 diamonds and 30 Iron Igots, winner takes all. More info will come if everybody is interested.

3. I agree that servers that are whitelisted don't have as much traffic. This could be something we change in the future, but in the mean time with our few numbers, we need all the people we can get. I know we have not offically launched (which I wanted done this week, but certain issues remain)

4. Since factions will not be the main protection, I will put on a protection mod, its simple to use. I will try to have this installed Wens or Thursday.

Questions? Discuss

1. Why? If we had organized faction cities instead of the LOLBUILDWHATVERNEARTHEFACTIONSPAWN idea we have going on, wars might actually be fun and viable.

2. How does this affect Monks? Actually, how does all of this protect Monks?

3. I am fully against whitelisting- this is an open community, and chances are the person has already looked at the website/ventrilo to find the IP to find the server. This will change once we begin advertising, though, which is why I want factions to be able to be invite only with applications to join a certain faction posted in the forums.

4. Really, what is wrong with the faction mod?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:47 PM »
Nothing is wrong with factions but there kinda needs to be a war ya know and since nobody is on I have to shake things up. We could always revist this down the road, and I am not taking out factions mod, but we need to get some draw and maybe some combat will fix that. Think about it, 4 teams all against each other with the winners each taking home 15 Diamonds and 30 Iron, if thats not a draw, I don't know what is.

Monks can still have the Monks, just you can't participate in the combat if you are a Monk. I don't think you are in them anymore Corey because you have not been on lately, it auto kicks people out of factions when they haven't logged on in 10 days, i could be wrong however.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »

Monks can still have the Monks, just you can't participate in the combat if you are a Monk. I don't think you are in them anymore Corey because you have not been on lately, it auto kicks people out of factions when they haven't logged on in 10 days, i could be wrong however.

I have been on and still am.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
Offline mode with xAuth...so I can play too -_-
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Shikaru

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
grab Heroes mod maybe? Its a class RPG mod that allows you to choose from a WIDE range of classes including Monk/Berserker/Cleric/Mage/Warrior/Hunter/Ranger and more each with their own skills

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal