Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trade server rules!  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Finniespin

Trade server rules!
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »
So 3 standard map rules to be made/discussed;

• Placing a dispenser in the info_teleport entity in the nether
  • Engies sentry hopping to the other side of the nether
  • Spies, backstabbing the players who teleport into the nether

I need everyone's opinion as best on this.

Personally I don't really care for the first and third problems. I mean an uber-charge would fix it quite easy.
Second is debatable...

Offline Coreybush11

Re: Trade server rules!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »
I told you that you don't need the second, and you can't uber going through the Nether you would have to have both the medic and heavy go in at the exact same time, if both can fit through the portal, and put the uber on before.

The uber doesn't stay on the heavy if he goes in first, as they are too far away from each other. By the time the medic gets there, the spy has killed the heavy and then kills the medic.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:44:26 PM »
I don't know, if there are like 4 senties shooting rockets 24/7 down the spawn area.
It could be annoying.

About the uber shit. The heavy can turn around very quickly.
And I've done this many times before. Maybe if it still doesn't work after 4 attempts?

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
You have to have super fast reflexes to avoid the backstab like that then, they don't backstab when they see you, they keep spamming it before someone gets there so they just don't have the chance to turn around.
Also you can't turn around going through the portal.

The sentries all shooting down at the teleporter aren't as bad as you might think; in the steam chat I was talking about if they were all inside the teleport room. You can't aim very well from so far a distance at who is down there, and a couple soldiers and snipers can take them down easily.

Also, what about rule that prevents engies from helping enemy spies by making teleporters specifically to let them in the base? They usually make them out in the open and verbally tell the enemy team to come in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:03:04 PM by Coreybush11 »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »
In my opinion trade servers aren't really ment to be fair. Their trade servers if you play on them that's just you playing on them. Not really a main intention (although I know most people on it do me included) And I think the absence of a bunch of rules might be what makes it fun.

But I also understand having to at least have a few guide lines... and with that said I don't mine any of those EXCEPT!!!!!!!!!..........

Number 2.
Engies sentry hopping to the other side of the nether

That's part of TF2 as a game in general. I don't see anything wrong with this at all, its no different then a solider rocket jumping.

But the other 1, and 3 rules I understand.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:40:24 AM »
How about we pick an actual good map for it?

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:45:40 AM »
An achievement map would be nicer.
Personally I don't like the minecraft map. But it seems to attract alot of kids.

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:03 AM »
An achievement map would be nicer.
Personally I don't like the minecraft map. But it seems to attract alot of kids.
Achievement_Turbo is pretty good, but there will always be Pyro house camping.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:32:31 AM »
Yes, that is a good map.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:32:31 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal