Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tekkit on CG's sever  (Read 7419 times)

Offline Old Crow

Tekkit on CG's sever
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:43:49 AM »
Tekkit is this

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIKJ3u2VTY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIKJ3u2VTY</a>

I would very much want this on our server, Vanilla is not getting it done, we are having population issues, but I believe that if we can get this working and up, that it will be a huge draw, as it adds a crazy amount of stuff to the game to do, hell its almost an entire game by itself

Please discuss

I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Nelth

Re: Tekkit on CG's sever
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »
Love tekkit. Do want.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:20:50 AM »
Load Bowen!
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Allie The Outcast

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 07:07:17 AM »
that is a great idea, I've played tekkit myself and seen plenty of people play it also and it would definitely help with population :D
9:38 PM - Allie The Outcast IS A FUCKIN HACKER
9:38 PM - Allie The Outcast turns aimbot on
9:39 PM - Allie The Outcast turns around in 0.1 seconds and shoots slenderman right in the fuckin head
9:40 PM - Allie The Outcast: HAHAHA IM SOOO F**KING FACEBOOKING THAT
9:40 PM - Kser|Adam: lol?
9:40 PM - Allie The Outcast: hell yea!
9:41 PM - Kser|Adam: u have facebook?
9:41 PM - Allie The Outcast: Noo i have myspace
9:41 PM - Kser|Adam: seriously??
9:41 PM - Allie The Outcast: lol no.
-------------------------------------------------
Xenn: Later butt meow
AllieTheOutcast: maybe deserve
AllieTheOutcast: one <3
AllieTheOutcast: :3
Xenn: One wat?
AllieTheOutcast: one heat
AllieTheOutcast: <3
AllieTheOutcast: heart*
Xenn: Yay
Xenn: And you deserve a peanus
Xenn: B=====D
Xenn: Bye bye berch

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:29:04 AM »
Make a second server alongside the original.

Tekkit adds too many things to be the main Minecraft server and leaves out the people who don't like having mods all over the place.

And don't you have to download something to play it?

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »
HNGRR

Do it Old Crow!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »

Tekkit adds too many things to be the main Minecraft server and leaves out the people who don't like having mods all over the place.

I am not sure if you have to download something to play it, but it wouldn't be too hard to set something up on the forums and direct people there to play it, I'll look into that

Thing is, reg minecraft is not cutting it at all, seems like everybody plays for a good month, then is gone. Minecraft can be a drag once in a while, but I'm looking for a steady population, not something that just burns out and Tekkit seems to add so much that it tough to get bored, plus it will set us apart from other regular servers.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
So what extra plug-ins do we need to install?

Disable explosions?
Un-able to place explosive blocks?

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »

I am not sure if you have to download something to play it, but it wouldn't be too hard to set something up on the forums and direct people there to play it, I'll look into that

Thing is, reg minecraft is not cutting it at all, seems like everybody plays for a good month, then is gone. Minecraft can be a drag once in a while, but I'm looking for a steady population, not something that just burns out and Tekkit seems to add so much that it tough to get bored, plus it will set us apart from other regular servers.

Everyone stopped playing because nothing was happening, we don't need Tekkit to get more people, we just need to advertise the server. You know, posting on Planet Minecraft and Minecraft Forums. I'm not sure if we can redirect to the website on those sites though.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »
It's a possibility that regular minecraft can get it done, and yes your right about the uncertainty of what direction the server was going to take but the fact remains that for the past month nobody really played a whole lot. I plan on advertising but right now tekkit would be a very big draw, it would make us stand out compared to other servers. Now if its gonna be a huge pain to put up, then we may just throw some of the mods of tekkit on.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:17:25 PM by Old Crow »

3 Days isn't log

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:07 AM »
got this 2 days ago and i love it, would be fun to see on the server

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
Need more opinions esp from regs that play minecraft

Pillz, where the hell are you??

3 Days isn't log

Offline holydeath98

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 04:18:27 PM »
what will you do about the catalysts and rings? or all the advanced tools? they are a big part of tekkit but can do so much damage.
I don't know who you are or what you want. I don't have a lot of money but what i do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting useless shit on the forums I will not look for you I will not pursue you. But if you continue I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:22 PM »
what will you do about the catalysts and rings? or all the advanced tools? they are a big part of tekkit but can do so much damage.

Ill come to that conclusion at some point, either by removing them or banning for the use of them. Again there is always the chance of putting some of Tekkit on, because alchemy does feel like it has some op parts to it

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
I temporarily turned to the dark side of Terarria ever since I bought it for me and my sister for 2.50 @_@

Sadly vanilla bores me, and apparently I can't use my chests or doors anymore because it's under the territory of pwnzors... so I haven't really wanted to play lately, but if we wipe/do something new that'd be awesome. I want to build a city or a world first and then open it to the public for play, and attempt nations or something similar.

Minecraft's just kinda boring after a few days, and there's nothing left to do; except what you've already done. Dig, build an awkward looking house, try to make something cool, repeat. Unless you're constantly working on something, there's really nothing to do.

That's why my ideal minecraft is role playing. We could tell groups of people to mine together, get stone, start a mine, build a city, make everyone a house, elect a king/mayor, etc. Then as the server gains more players, split into different cities, have wars, become a nomad, do whatchu wanna do. Hopefully another update will be released soon, and that'll increase population drastically for a few days. Then would be a good time to open a new server like what I suggest..
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal