Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Faction Format Ideas  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Faction Format Ideas
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:30:13 AM »
Since I like the idea of factions having to meet a few requirements to become a faction vs. everyone making their own faction of one person and running off somewhere in a corner of the map, and a format would be needed, I thought I would throw out some ideas.

Minecraft Faction Application
Name of Faction:

Number of Players:

Based On: (Warring faction (mercenary-type, guards people who are walking around, even bandit faction, ect..), Economic faction (fishers, farmers, blacksmiths, ect..) ect..)

Allies/Enemies Premade: (for the weak, allies or enemies you have made before actually making the faction, such as a rebel alliance being made out of a bigger faction)

Description of Faction:

You know, and then some set rules before something can be identified as a faction.
I personally want there to be a 5 player minimum on a faction for now, and increase it as we advertise the server and make it bigger. Maybe have the earlier factions be inside a certain number of blocks away from spawn so no one can find the different factions? I think at most 2000 blocks would be enough to work in, I mean barely any of the factions on the server right now are over 1500 away from spawn.

Also, we need rules regarding factions.
Factions mod is meant to promote warring and trading, so what are the rules regarding griefing on this?

Offline Blackllama

Re: Faction Format Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:31:37 AM »
There shouldn't be restrictions on factions.  And if there are gonna be, definetely not applications.

We can't a faction just be like a guild or a party? Just a group of people wanting to build with a name for their group?  You don't need people dedicating their group to whatever.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:31:37 AM »

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
this sounds like a terrible idea, limiting the playerbase to only CG members and the server will surely fail.

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
   I can see what hair and black are trying to say, but we don't want 50 factions of just 2 people covering the map. Also i can see where hair is going with the CG members ruling the factions idea, but i don't see how that can happen. I think that the app system is fine, just needs some things pointed out. First, we need to forget about post count when doing apps, these people play on minecraft only, even if there not CG members.

I myself come from experience of this, where the server i used to play minecraft on (after our very first minecraft server shut down) had a block limit of 1000 for non-members and we had to get a post count of 150 before we could go past that limit. These guys had like 10 other servers and the minecraft server was actually getting trashed by the rest of the community. Still we had to post more to get past the 1000 block limit. I never did, by that time CG got another minecraft server up to save my ass. Meme4

BTW- Even to this day i still don't have 150 post on the CG forums, so you know those shit weren't getting 150 from me.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:22:40 AM by artixloktar »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »
this sounds like a terrible idea, limiting the playerbase to only CG members and the server will surely fail.

It isn't limiting it only CG members, you just have to post the faction on the thread. We can tell them to go make an account on the forums and post it. They don't need a post count or anything- that's just stupid.

It literally takes less than a minute to make an account.

But FYI whoever makes the advertising posts on Minecraft Forums or whatever; READ THE RULES ABOUT POSTING ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES!!

I'm pretty sure Minecraft Forums wouldn't allow you to redirect to Conjointgaming.com from what I read in the rules, but I might be wrong.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
NECRONECRONECRO

Since the server is going to be starting up again, I thought it appropriate to bump up this thread again for if we keep factions on.

We need it to be more organized with the factions, we had too many for too few players.
Also, for those against living in a faction with others but want to still protect their stuff, the mod has a built in individual protection system without making a new faction. At least from what I read of the mod on it's website.

Global Moderator Comment I'll allow the necro in this matter,as the minecraft server has been restarted, and factions may increase the fun. Cadaver
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:22:03 PM by Cadaver »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
I have much to discuss on factions so I'll start with my first point

Who wants to see us set up just 3, 2 of them will basically be nations with their own governments, the 3rd will be a faction that is peaceful or for people to just build, make things etc.

Thoughts?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »
That sounds good, but I think 3 is too few. I would like there to be some sort of war going on but not include every nation..
the third would be caught at a standstill if the two happened to go to war as well. Maybe 4 or 5 nations so we don't just have 2 main ones that are the only two who will be fighting.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »
That sounds good, but I think 3 is too few. I would like there to be some sort of war going on but not include every nation..
the third would be caught at a standstill if the two happened to go to war as well. Maybe 4 or 5 nations so we don't just have 2 main ones that are the only two who will be fighting.

Yes but with the size of the server 3 is good for now, since only 20 people can be on at a time. Once we expand yes then I totally support that.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Phocks

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:26:23 AM »
I could try to get a few of my friends to join, so I personally like the idea of smaller factions later on. For now as crow said, just two main ones and a third building/peaceful faction sounds good. I suppose you could just put a sign up and make a village to declare a separate govt, but having it in the books is always better. Either way, I haven't even connected once yet, so what do i know!
"That guys nuts, grab em!"

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »

Yes but with the size of the server 3 is good for now, since only 20 people can be on at a time. Once we expand yes then I totally support that.

Incorrect, 20 people can be on at a time, but more than 20 people will be playing at different times. This is why I believe 5-6 would be appropriate, since I myself wouldn't want more than 10 people to a faction at first, until after that faction has a city or something set up.

In order to create a faction you should have to post on the forums, let everyone know where you are(optional), who's in your faction and what makes you different than the other factions. First post would be existing factions along with their diplomacy and would be edited to add new ones, unless that's too messy.

Also, once in factions, can each individual claim certain spaces for themselves to prevent griefing? There was something that worked by setting two points and a height, so you don't claim the whole section above/underground what you claim. This would be nice since my current castle is GLITCHED. I'm in the land of Pwnzors and I can't leave it, nor can I access ANYTHING.

Anywho, all factions should be approved by old crow first on the forum, as should a lot of things that go down.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
I see what your saying pillz about the sizes, but still 3 is good because I don't know who is going to play on a regular basis

For your second question ill look into it, if it works great, if not then we will have to be vigilent about greifers

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »
For the factions of Red and Blue, they shall be 13 by 7, this is their starting area. Once we get too big to hold that many people in that area are you then allowed to claim more land for your starting area.

So my question to the Minecraft players is how should we do this?

1. Allow these factions to claim land in strategic spots to set up mini bases of the such?

2. Don't allow the factions to claim any more land, leaving everything up for grabs aka building bases that are vulnerable to raids from anybody

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »
Small faction areas that the faction leader can set up, but claiming massive areas of which not all land will be used is silly. We could make the bedrooms/houses and mining areas for that faction, farms and other things too.

Also are we going to have teleport and other commands inside factions? I'd rather teleport people to blue base rather than have them die 20 times making the venture, it's quite a bit further out than it needed to be lol.

Also me and sqtgdog are listed as red instead of blue. Fix it!
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »
Small faction areas that the faction leader can set up, but claiming massive areas of which not all land will be used is silly. We could make the bedrooms/houses and mining areas for that faction, farms and other things too.

Also are we going to have teleport and other commands inside factions? I'd rather teleport people to blue base rather than have them die 20 times making the venture, it's quite a bit further out than it needed to be lol.

Also me and sqtgdog are listed as red instead of blue. Fix it!

Leave your faction and re join blue. do it one at a time. I don't know why that keeps happening, people join the server and are already put into a faction but it doesnt list them in the faction. I may just reset the settings for Factions, something must be screwed up with it.

Also to set a faction teleportation point its /f sethome

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal