Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Do we want Lapis portals on the server?

Yes
4 (80%)
No
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 04:55:50 AM

Author Topic: What mods do we want to add to the minecraft server? (intro)  (Read 3117 times)

Offline artixloktar

Over the next 2 weeks i will start making polls on the minecraft section to see what mods people want on the server. Thanks to Laims thread, i now have an idea of what people want and how to get there (I think). So over the next 2 weeks i will try and get a poll of for most mods on that thread. To start off, i chose one of my mods i posted called JukeBukkit. This mod allows users to play there music in game on crafted disc's anywhere where there is a jukebox. This should not get out of hand if the admins are active and playing on the server. If you would like more info, the link is below. Please post your opinions on the idea also and i will check back tomorrow. :)

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-mech-jukebukkit-v1-6-1-burn-new-music-onto-music-discs-spn1212-cb1-2-5-r4-0.30712/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:40:54 PM by artixloktar »

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: What mods do we want to add to the minecraft server? (intro)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:19 AM »
Looks fine to me. Newer then the last one and quite nifty. I like it.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:19 AM »

Offline stewieisevil

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »
how about movecraft and the stealth bomber mod =D

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »
If you wanna see the mod on the voting, post it on Laims thread, i will get around to it.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »
As long as they don't blast their miley cyrus next door this sounds awesome.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
IM BEING FORCED AGAINST MY WILL TO POST ON THIS THREAD

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
COREY... GET BACK IN THE CORNER!!!

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
No, i don't really see why this mod should be added it wouldn't really add much to the experience seeing as the game has plenty of records of its own

The only thing i see this doing is adding a new way to troll other people and adding more work for admins for what? so you can force others to listen to your music?

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 08:28:37 PM »
No, i don't really see why this mod should be added it wouldn't really add much to the experience seeing as the game has plenty of records of its own

The only thing i see this doing is adding a new way to troll other people and adding more work for admins for what? so you can force others to listen to your music?
This guy has a point, if you want to listen to music you could always open your web browser and go to youtube.

Changing my vote.

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
I myself don't see how it can really be a griefing tool, if someone goes up to your house and starts playing music, the admins just break the jukebox and disc and/or do whatever they want to with the player. I myself cant see how griefers will use this without getting punished. Also, its not a server wide mod, its only in an area, so people cant spam the server with them without the admins noticing. The mods to share your music with people around you wile playing minecraft but not with everyone, and if you don't like what people are playing just walk away. If they fallow you with it then call an admin. There would not be admins if there job was easy now would there? ????

Offline IrishBandit

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
Adding this would complicate getting to play on the server tenfold. Having to install mods clientside is not justified for a small mod like this.

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:10 PM »
Now looking at the mod in more detail, we cant use it. So i'm going to start with another mod called lapisportals. This mod allows players to make portals using lapis blocks. I myself like this mod because it adds a use to lapis blocks (they had no use at all and didn't really look that good) and you still need to travel a bit/work a bit before you can make them. Also you need 2 of them to use them so its not like there easy to get if you don't mine a lot. You would still need to walk a long way to set up a portal system so I don't see how this mod would hinder travel that much. More information of this mod listed below. Also the reason why I am doing another one of my mods is because we don't have any mods on Liams thread that we already have on the server (not tekkit) so we should try and get more mods on that thread.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-lapisportals-v1-2-1-portal-to-portal-teleportation-1-2-5-r4-0.81767/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:31:56 PM by artixloktar »

Offline Phocks

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 07:21:29 AM »
IM BEING FORCED AGAINST MY WILL TO POST ON THIS THREAD

I freakin love this community
"That guys nuts, grab em!"

Offline Sqtgdog

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 08:27:37 PM »
Sooooo.... When is the server going to be done???
I'll be happy to rock your world... Minecraft that is...

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »
Sooooo.... When is the server going to be done???

hopefully soon

updates for MC are killing us man!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal