Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should I start a nation minecraft server

Yes
11 (78.6%)
No
1 (7.1%)
WTF are you thinking?
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 03, 2012, 03:50:03 PM

Author Topic: Nation Minecraft  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Old Crow

Re: Nation Minecraft
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:11 PM »
This all sounds good. When we get a permanent minecraft server I'll help out.

Well this might be a seperate sever owned by me, I have no control over how the new one will be or what kind of plugins it will have. I have looked into funding one. I'm still debating this, also the reason why I put this topic up was to see if there was enough interest.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 12:54:11 AM »
This all sounds good. When we get a permanent minecraft server I'll help out.

Well this might be a seperate sever owned by me, I have no control over how the new one will be or what kind of plugins it will have. I have looked into funding one. I'm still debating this, also the reason why I put this topic up was to see if there was enough interest.

Whatever we do
hmm.. Perhaps spawn could be the median to the nations, we pick the most ideal location for it too. It could be a small NPC town, almost as primitive as possible, essentially the shambles that will encompass the nations. There would be farms and cow farms or whatever. Perhaps a surplus of stone weapons and sticks/torches in a chest, and someone can tend to supplying the spawn with bread and supplies.

No pvp in spawn, it's going to be perhaps 100-150ish blocks wide and long, and once te player feels ready they can explore the existing nations, or set out to start their own. We could call this an enterprenuer (no spell check), and they have to establish this with te existing kingdoms, starting a nation to close to another could cause one nation not to want the new one, and if you don't respect their request they could declare war on yyou before you even have anything built.

anyway, we could either have a small npc village, or just kind of a cross road with a house or two spotted along the roads, along with farms and the such up until the road meets at one of the nations. Spawn could be in a cave behind a waterfall, or we buld a massive tree that's hollowed out and etc..

Building behind a waterfall would be very impressive, but I would like to make a grand city for either the people who do not want to join a nation or whatnot. Either this could be at spawn or it could be somewhere central to the map.

Well you have to remember, the people who don't want to join a nation on a nation server, are ideally of the "Nomad" diplomacy and have no place settling down in a city to begin with. Ideally in a world with 3-4 different nations you can't have a neutral nation in the middle that has nothing really going on in it because all the hard work goes to the actual nations.

Everyone will change their spawn soon anyway, so we should put spawn in someplace in between it all, out of the way with basic supplies like some food, wood and stone. Perhaps we have spawn against an ocean port, or in a cave at the bottom of a waterfall with a clear view of an exit.

So that way when you first join our server there's already kind of a story set up, you just rode in on a boat and are embarking on this continent, or you've mysteriously washed up in a mystic land. Etc what the fuck ever, and we could just have a small kinda village built around that with farms or like I said, have empty houses with small farms scattered around the world on the way to the nation cities.

Head west along the coast and you eventually reach city A, follow the road through the desert and through a jungle to get to city B, ride a boat down a river through a cave and through some mountains to get to city C, and so on. It's just a matter of dealing with what land the server generates for us. Perhaps we could generate 3-5 worlds before we pick one, and so forth.

I CAN SEE IT ALL NOW
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 12:54:11 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 05:55:11 AM »
After reading that I see what you did there. I support that, people of no nation can be Nomads, and either set up their own house or keep moving. I do want to at one point (if the server gets populated enough) that we create a UN like I stated above, and basically have it surrounded by a small security force (or golems??) and have a main building that epic, and have a seat for everybody who is willing to join

About Spawn: The finer details we would have to hammer out in game, but having it start in a cave behind a waterfall would be awesome and to add to that, maybe have it on a high cliff, so that the first time you come out of it you see the land set before you. It should have some small buildings, at least 1 or 2 shops (I intend to have an economy mod on) and so forth

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
After reading that I see what you did there. I support that, people of no nation can be Nomads, and either set up their own house or keep moving. I do want to at one point (if the server gets populated enough) that we create a UN like I stated above, and basically have it surrounded by a small security force (or golems??) and have a main building that epic, and have a seat for everybody who is willing to join

About Spawn: The finer details we would have to hammer out in game, but having it start in a cave behind a waterfall would be awesome and to add to that, maybe have it on a high cliff, so that the first time you come out of it you see the land set before you. It should have some small buildings, at least 1 or 2 shops (I intend to have an economy mod on) and so forth

I wish we could design our own economy mod, or at least tweak it a bit. I don't want gold/money to break the game in anyway, but we should only have shops in the hearts of the nations and maybe a small one at spawn that sells wood, stone, iron, wooden weapons and bows/arrows. We could have spawn based in a mountain, and chisel the mountain to how we want it, have spawn based in the mountain, have a tunnel wind its way up, and they get to the top of the mountain and VIOLA! Then there could be a small village with a shop or two, but we could have a story behind the mountain, like when normal people die there souls go to heaven or hell, or whatever BUT some people are seemingly randomly selected by the mountain to have a second chance if it finds them worthy and instead of their physical lives being over, they get to live again in our world. We'd have the journey to the top of the mountain kind of reveal this if they choose to read, and at the top near the village we explain they can go live in one of the existing nations or roam the world freely to find their own purpose.

Something snazzy like that, and then they get to the top of the mountain and first they see a small little village, with one-three NPC's and a basic shop, perhaps a small farm. Then there'd either be one path leading down the mountain that leads to the other roads to the nations, or we just have the crossroad on top/through the mountain. Perhaps have the village in a cavern in the mountain, whatever.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:31:09 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 02:38:38 AM »
Well good thing that we can write in books to make a possible back story!!

Yeah I was not the biggest fan of economy mods until I saw how well it works for legendary craft servers. I mean if somebody wanted to make one feel free because I know I don't have the skill or the time but we shall make do with what we have.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 02:38:38 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal