Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What Mods and rules you would like to see?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline OMG_ZombiePenguin

What Mods and rules you would like to see?
« on: January 08, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
Just post what you would like to have on the new minecraft server. No, no i.p. will be given out at this time.

(mods and rules) post post like the wind!

U MAD???

Re: What Mods and rules you would like to see?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
chest protection and land protection

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »
A no griefing rule that is actually applied that scales as more greifing is caused ie grief once hour ban, grief twice day ban etc.

Admins that will do there job instead of abusing their power and getting off scot free.

Otherwise what razer said Meme9
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Lolnub1337

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »
Ummmm what kind of server is it going to be? creative, survival, pvp, and etc?

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 02:27:42 AM »
Something like lockette for chests and doors.  I think big brother is good for admining.  and for rules, I'd say griefing once = day ban, twice = week, third time perma.  Keep it nice and simple.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 02:27:50 AM »
survival/ pvp. It seems some people want to fight others and some want to build pretty structures... and ocassionaly kill people. sooo im going to have to some how balance the server between pvp and survival.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 02:33:22 AM »
If I can get the server just right I wont have to ban anyone. there are a lot plugins that don't allow griefing

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 02:48:20 AM »
If I can get the server just right I wont have to ban anyone. there are a lot plugins that don't allow griefing

Yeah but it still happens. Even if you can't mess with peoples stuff people will go kill others if they have a dispute and take all their stuff and try to destroy it. It has had to have happened on the old server about 3/4 times.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 02:51:52 AM »
Make a set area for PvP.

Offline Pancake Of Doom

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »
Make a set area for PvP.

This, because every time I have joined a minecraft server in the past, friends and I have just walked out into the woods and built a cabin and started from scratch, that's all I want to do, but We get mowed down by PvP turds and our cabin burnt down. If you have an area for PvP, I would rather it be set and out of the way, or have it that you have to have a set client to attack other players and grief like that, Only with trusted players of course, that way griefing would be minimal

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
Turn off the creepers explosion to the environment and only have them do damage

these creepers are wrecking everything with their explosion

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
Make a set area for PvP.

This, because every time I have joined a minecraft server in the past, friends and I have just walked out into the woods and built a cabin and started from scratch, that's all I want to do, but We get mowed down by PvP turds and our cabin burnt down. If you have an area for PvP, I would rather it be set and out of the way, or have it that you have to have a set client to attack other players and grief like that, Only with trusted players of course, that way griefing would be minimal
Yeah, I tend to be too trustworthy, anyone could murder me and take my stuff.  I don't really like PvP.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

Defeats the purpose of creepers.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline M-Dawg

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »
The Official Minecraft Community has a beacon system to prevent griefing. You take a block made out of a mineral (gold, iron, lapiz lapuli, diamond) and place it, put a stone pressure plate on the block and use flint & steel to "activate" the beacon. When activated, it creates an area around it where only owners of the beacon can destroy/build, and the size of the area varies based on the quality of the block. Unfortunately, they also had a stupid "borders" system where each beacon has a set border that's larger than the no-grief area and if you go outside those borders, you would get paraded by arrows until you go back in.

My suggestion is if we could implement a system similar to this, without the borders and maybe using an easily-obtainable block instead of ores.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 02:43:23 AM »

Defeats the purpose of creepers.
The problem is, people can grief with creepers and there's not really any way to tell who did it.

Also, I think we should turn off PvP and get a set area for that.  Or maybe some kind of mod that lets you do a /duel other players kinda thing.  I don't like the idea of getting mugged for my diamonds, but whatever.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 02:43:23 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal