Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I would like to restart the CSS server  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Boxman

Re: I would like to restart the CSS server
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:56 AM »
I won't lie though, I'd like to play CSS without a bunch of assholes screaming at me for doing bad.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:56 AM »
We are already hitting out bandwith caps. Wholegrain also said NO MORE servers until we get a better box.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:56 AM »

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »
We are already hitting out bandwith caps. Wholegrain also said NO MORE servers until we get a better box.

QFT
Phim Bogason

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 02:10:21 AM »
Kwaurtz, your input isn't needed, regardless of what has been said, bandwidth is NOT an issue.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:09 AM »
Kwaurtz, your input isn't needed, regardless of what has been said, bandwidth is NOT an issue.

If my input isn't needed then don't make a public thread concerning a community issue. Just because your idea is being shot down doesn't mean you have to be an asshole about this. There are bigger tasks at hand, tasks that you should be helping on as a community coder. We have enough trouble as it is maintaining what we have, there is no reason to divert the manpower to another server, regardless of how easy you say it is. We could throw up a million different easy servers, but they'd all be shitty if we didn't get a good base for the original ones. The original ones need to be focused on before we expand anymore. Because not only will the CSS server require moderation and extra administration, it would also require that we divert our populating power away from fretta, away from dark rp, away from servers we have already heavily invested into. In short, this is not the right time for a CSS server, its been tried at, its been failed at. We aren't saying its not a viable option down the road, its just not a good time right now for CG.

B.E.R.S.~4:20

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 03:45:59 AM »

If my input isn't needed then don't make a public thread concerning a community issue!

Offline Bjork

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:59 AM »
Saying that the TTT server/s aren't fixed I doubt that CSS is the first thing on our minds and some of our servers just aren't populated.
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
bers, I meant, he keeps telling me the same thing over and over again, something that's already been dealt with.
And I need to say this again, THIS DOESN'T TAKE AWAY FROM OUR OTHER SERVERS RESOURCES! So stop worrying about 'more important' things need to be done. Because either me, or TK would do all the work.

B.E.R.S.~4:20

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »
bers, I meant, he keeps telling me the same thing over and over again, something that's already been dealt with.
And I need to say this again, THIS DOESN'T TAKE AWAY FROM OUR OTHER SERVERS RESOURCES! So stop worrying about 'more important' things need to be done. Because either me, or TK would do all the work.

ah otay

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
Ok, I see one person, who will not be asked to be an admin, on the CS:S server...

So, it wont take bandwidth, and resources from the other servers... Ok, then what exactly is needed, and how do you plan it implement it?

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
@Cadaver,
Thank you for actually asking questions Cadaver :D
No, bandwidth and resources aren't a problem.
Really, the only thing that is needed is for me to have FTP access, and the server to be on. The rest is simple, and it's more or less a trial, and side-project. So it's not taking up CG's man-power since only I have volunteered to maintain it, and I don't do much as-is.

@Kwaurtz,
I'm not trying to be an asshole, but it's pretty annoying when people complain about the same problem, that isn't even a problem. We won't be diverting population, or man-power. You say I 'should' be working on the other servers, yet I haven't been given anything to work on. I decided to divert my talents elsewhere, and I am working on the DarkRP, but that's nothing more than uploading files. Just because it's easy to set up, doesn't mean it will be crappy, I don't think you realize how easy and straight forward CS:S servers are, I mean, they CAN be difficult, but no-where near as difficult as a Gmod server. Now, administration could be an issue, it may not be, CS:S servers, especially Pubs, don't need a lot of admins. I would love to administrate the server, and I'm sure there will be people coming from the server that would do it as well.

Anyways, I didn't need to reply to those, but I did, just to provide informations. Wholegrain has already approved the server, now it's just up to TK to figure out what needs to be done, and give me some work ^^

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 09:57:07 PM »

actually zukuto bandwidth was a concern before we simply didn't have enough money for the bandwidth even something as small as css could push us into overage charges.  The way things are heading now with all the servers but TTT being dead it probably won't be a problem

We are working on a content release for DarkRP to push it back into the player population and than we will focus on Fretta.  For now I don't see harm in a CSS server when every other server in cg is dead and nobody in CG cares enough to really get them started.  Honestly i leave for a few days and i notice CG go from its peak to its near worst in months.  I don't see the point in running a community where I literally need to be there every day and can't appoint anyone else to take over mainstream.  I had to stop my little get away time to fix things in CG and even after being fixed I noticed nobody taking any initiative.

Tictactoe360

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »
Edit: Page didn't load fully missed a few post never mind.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 01:04:56 AM »
Question from the peanut gallery: Why are we still arguing when the suggestion has been shut down by at least 5 different people?

Offline taco

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:26 AM »
I can't wait Scout (zukuto)! Its gunna be just like old times :D.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:26 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal