Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I would like to restart the CSS server  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Zukuto

I would like to restart the CSS server
« on: April 18, 2011, 10:47:07 PM »
I know it's been down for awhile, and there wasn't much success before, but we have room for one, and I have grown bored of our servers (plus it gives me something to handle as a community coder). TK said he's waiting for the FTP from our beloved WG, and a lot of my friends have been begging me to beg WG about it. Anyways, I REALLY want to get this started quickly, so lets do it! It would take me all of 2 hours to set up a server completely (connected to source bans and everything) all I need is access and instructions as to what mods we'll be running from TK.

Can we do this soon? Pweassseeee??

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: I would like to restart the CSS server
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »
This is the last fucking thing CG needs to worry about. We've got so much other shit that is much more important.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
On a scale of being in the realm of possibility, I would probably put this right next to Paul McCartney being dead.
(also not dickish comment lol, just pointing out that we have loads of other shit to get fixing which alone I doubt will ever come)

Offline Boxman

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:41:49 PM »
On a scale of being in the realm of possibility, I would probably put this right next to Paul McCartney being dead.
(also not dickish comment lol, just pointing out that we have loads of other shit to get fixing which alone I doubt will ever come)
I would laugh if he died from a heart attack tomorrow...

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:43:42 PM »
I would laugh if he died from a heart attack tomorrow...
Circa 1960's lmao

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »
You guys missed the point, CG doesn't worry about the server. It's been neglected, I have offered MY TIME to work on it, and get it done, there is absolutely NOTHING CG can lose from simply turning the server on. I understand there's other 'important' things to worry about, but this isn't a problem, and I still have yet to see why we shouldn't other than 'we have better things to worry about.' Which is invalid, considering I would be doing all the maintenance(unless TK wants to), and believe it or not, CSS servers are hella-easy to maintain and run effeciently.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:29 PM »
You guys missed the point, CG doesn't worry about the server. It's been neglected, I have offered MY TIME to work on it, and get it done, there is absolutely NOTHING CG can lose from simply turning the server on. I understand there's other 'important' things to worry about, but this isn't a problem, and I still have yet to see why we shouldn't other than 'we have better things to worry about.' Which is invalid, considering I would be doing all the maintenance(unless TK wants to), and believe it or not, CSS servers are hella-easy to maintain and run effeciently.
Besides wasted bandwidth.. Oh, forgot about that? I'm sorry...

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:51:29 PM »

Except that it wouldn't take up much bandwidth. I've already talked to Inject about that issue, and he assured me that it's not an problem.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »

Except that it wouldn't take up much bandwidth. I've already talked to Inject about that issue, and he assured me that it's not an problem.
Well.. SHH. >:I

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Morbidus

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 11:53:53 PM »
And the Dark Rp server isn't wasting bandwith?

Offline taco

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:54:14 PM »
I for one would pretty much play on this server 24/7; since joining this clan I have been supplementing my CSS game-play with that of various random servers.  I would love to be able to play CSS under a Zukuto managed server where I believe a faction of CG could thrive.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 11:57:08 PM »
Welp, I cannot really do much about it either way :\ The other CL's have the access while I remain without until I'm "trained"
 It's CG we're talking about here... A 2nd TTT server toke us a whole Duke Nukem Forever release date time (When it's done) to ever get it up and it's STILL borked somewhat. I'm sure CSS would be relatively easy to set up as we have done it before though.

And the Dark Rp server isn't wasting bandwith?

Hehe, it gets us out there though. I have no idea on our intentions for Dark RP though. My opinion is that is just a festering place of trolls and little kids. Something we don't need/have enough of.

Offline Cheezy

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »
I concur.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »
Guys, listen, the server would effect CG in the sense of wasted bandwidth, constricted player-base, or stretched admins. It would be from scratch, and only serve the purpose of supplying a CSS server to our CSS fans in CG, and provide a way for new members to join. You don't need to worry about those issues, considering setting servers up are MUCH easier that most people think. Literally all I have to do is say 'I want this, here' and POW server = done. (Not really, theres a bit more work, but it's simple)

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:18 AM »
I for one would pretty much play on this server 24/7; since joining this clan

We are not a clan.
Phim Bogason

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:18 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal