Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ban length check/Unban Request  (Read 1237 times)

Offline suppland

Ban length check/Unban Request
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
Hi, just got banned on the end round of dm_richland! Posting here to see how long it is and whether or not it can get lifted. The reason was for "RDM"; I did RDM one person, but I'd also offed some traitors that round (three!) so against a chorus of OMG RDMER BAN HIM BAN HIM I only got halfway through explaining myself before getting banned.

- First kill was innocent vs innocent, and was genuinely RDM, over me being paranoid. This is my bad.
- Second kill was innocent vs traitor: I got sniped, and after taking cover, peeked out to see the person running from the spot I'd been sniped from.
- Third kill was innocent vs traitor, and this one I accept was a bit questionable: Someone who'd been minding their own business in the tree fort suddenly locks on to me as I pass by and starts following me into a secluded alley. Did not feel like taking chances!
- Fourth kill was innocent vs traitor and really obvious: another guy breaks off from a crowd to stare at me/follow me into the same alley. He checks over his shoulder repeatedly and keeps aiming at me with his gun, then stops to examine the other traitor's body. Why would you check an already IDed body in the close presence of someone you didn't trust? A detective sure wouldn't do that. The only reason would be to collect credits with the assurance of the nearby person's innocence only a traitor could have. Easy kill.
- Then the detective shot me to death :(

The entire game my karma never went below 1000, and I only had one single wrongful kill before that round. I admit my mistakes and have explanations for everything else (that I didn't even get to give), and it's sort of a bummer to be banned as punishment for defending myself when all the traitors chose to come at me.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Re: Ban length check/Unban Request
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »
Hello, thank you for posting on our forums!
Well those last two kills were half RDM half good. We go by a good hard evidence case when killing traitors. I am unsure of your ban at the moment but it should be at least under 1 week. The admin who banned you may reply soon though.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »
Can you provide your Steam id? If you are who I think you are, you killed four people, two of each and the traitors were rdm from what I spectated.

Offline Ph4nT()m Pix3l

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:06:31 PM »
oh snap!  frogc00l
someone here is quilty ಠ_ಠ........who is it?guy #1ಠ~ಠ, guy#2ಠoಠ, guy #3 ಠxಠ, guy #4 ಠ.ಠ, or guy #5 ಥ_ಥ?

Offline Remscar

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »
To admins who dont know
!banstatus {STEAMID}
checks status of ban
Part of my pride was dead the second that you talked to me
And I knew that no matter what lied ahead you wouldn't walk with me
So alone I traveled

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »
i mean he posted an appeal i think we should keep it down to under a week at most if anything around a day ban

but if anything he hasn't done anything more than just about everyone who has ever played ttt has done

i know i have done alot worse XD

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »
so what? what was the outcome of this?
Phim Bogason

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »
He never posted his steam ID.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
he appeared 2 hours after posting on oct 26, since then he hasnt logged on frogsiren
Phim Bogason

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »
*LOCKED i guess he is unbanned?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal