Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 41866 times)

Offline Dante

Re: Religion Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »
Council of Nicaea decided that Jesus was the Son of God and was God. You should look into your own faith some more.

Actually God himself said Jesus was His Son in Matthew 17:5

No dude Jesus is not god he can not be the SON of god AND god. other wise he fucked his mom.
And why are you arguing to me about my own religion?

Jesus is God and is not God. Philippians Chapter 2 says how Jesus is on equal footing as God and humbled himself to become man. He is hence God and man. Also, Mary was a virgin. If you are going to defend Christianity, use the Bible please. ^_^

Truth is not subjective. Everything must be proven for it to be real.

If you'd rather deny reality and be happy than accept reality and . . . well, still probably be happy, then something is wrong with the way you see the world.

So before fire/gravity/earth being round/other planets/deep sea creatures were discovered they weren't real? That statement is incorrect as I am pretty sure those things existed even before humans were around. You make it sound like humans are the center of the universe. Only what we deem real is actually real? PFFT! That is laughable. To the universe, our opinions mean nothing. It will continue to go on with or without us as it has for a long time.
The properties of fire, gravity, earth, etc., can be empirically proven. God cannot be empirically proven.

That's not the point. The point is saying that things that you don't know aren't real is a horribly inaccurate statement.
Yah i know like I said even though it didnt send my post through. I am 40% Christian, 40% Scientific, 10% superstitious, 5% troll, and 5% douchebag. And maybe I should turn these percentages into a new religion and clasify them as teachings.

Offline Dante

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »
I am saying that belief in an untested hypothesis, or belief in something without any supporting evidence, is irrational and erroneous. This is a very simple concept. Stop trying to twist it into whatever best fits your inherently crippled argument.
Yah and douchebags like me due to having religion crammed down my throat think that ours is THE true riligion and every one elses is false. Although like the troll i am I dont really stick to my religion and like stuff other religions say. Like I WOULD LOVE IF I COULD BE REINCARNATED! But then im like ugghhh what if all these religions are wrong? What if there is no after life, no beyond, What If we just stop existing...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »

Offline Raunky

« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
If you're gonna use some Bible quotes, Holy, then so am I. LET'S GOOO.

The beginning of the Gospel of Paul says that,
"In the beginning was the Word
And the Word was with God
And the Word was God."

Offline crypto

« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
YEAH BUT SINCE SCIENCE HAS HUMILIATED US BY DISPROVING OUR SCRIPTURE WE JUST CALL IT A METAPHOR SO YOU CAN'T REALLY CRITICIZE CHRISTIANITY USING ITS OWN TEACHINGS!!!

Offline Raunky

« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »
Excuse me, Crypto, I am trying to have a conversation, could you please keep it down back there?
Could you go fill in your "i r intelligent questioning philosopher at age 18" stereotype somewhere else?

Offline crypto

« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »
No.

Edit: Actually, thanks for the satire but it doesn't take an "intelligent questioning philosopher" act to realize how ridiculous theism is.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:25:46 PM by crypto »

Offline Raunky

« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2010, 06:40:14 PM »
You are quite welcome.
Main reason I said that was, not because of your whole anti-theism thing, but it's because you act like you know how the world works. You're 18, you've probably only been truly aware of the world for 3 years at most. No one can develop a proper understanding of something that vast in just a handful of years.

Offline crypto

« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
So you're making a personal attack irrelevant to the thread. Awesome to admit.

I don't think anything I've said indicates a belief that I know more than a bare minimum of scientific methodology and such.

Edit: And I should add that I am pretty bad at science and math. But you don't need to know a lot about either to be equipped for this sort of discussion.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:53:38 PM by crypto »

Offline Raunky

« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »
Actually, being good at science is pretty handy when you base your argument on science.

And the word attack isn't exactly best either, since you rudely interrupted us with your caps lock. If anything, you attacked us good people just trying to have a conversation.

And even before, you said
"If you believe in random delusion x then believe.

If you don't then don't."

Then you turn around and start yelling at every one for their beliefs. Hypocrite, much?

Offline crypto

« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2010, 07:04:54 PM »
That statement was sarcastic. I made it to illustrate how ridiculous the idea behind the previous post was.

Offline Raunky

« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »
Then it would seem that the only remaining solution is fisticuffs.

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
I can see crypto came back for more, lol. I just hope I don't have to get back into this much...

I'm gonna ignore the flaming, and go back to saying if you're christian and you DON'T believe in the trinity, you're not really catholic or any form of protestantism, but you could be a variation of eastern orthodox.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »
God damnit the thread was dying stop resurecting it DX

Offline Holy

« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »
I can see crypto came back for more, lol. I just hope I don't have to get back into this much...

I'm gonna ignore the flaming, and go back to saying if you're christian and you DON'T believe in the trinity, you're not really catholic or any form of protestantism, but you could be a variation of eastern orthodox.

This completely random post is correct.

To not believe in the trinity is to not believe everything in the bible which means that person is not really Christian to begin with as you cannot pick and chose what to believe.

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2010, 12:45:13 AM »

This completely random post is correct.

To not believe in the trinity is to not believe everything in the bible which means that person is not really Christian to begin with as you cannot pick and chose what to believe.

Well, technically you can, at least with the minor parts of religion, which explains the plethora of Christian denominations out there.  But yes, the major parts are things you can't really ignore, like trinitarianism.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2010, 12:45:13 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal