Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anime/ Manga PLEASE!  (Read 24101 times)

Offline Old Crow

Re: Anime/ Manga PLEASE!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
while on the subject, if you guys havent noticed:

-Naruto: Shippuden is showing on Toonami. Don't know if its uncut, but it most likely is
-Original Naruto restarted, so now would be a good time to watch it if you missed it while living under a rock. It is uncut, so blood and swearing intact
-Blue Exorcist is coming in March. Don't even know what that is.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline GL4D0S

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »
I forgot a couple, and now that Im referencing my old list, i can add a few i really enjoyed to watch (so mainly anime)

- Soul Eater
- Invasion Squid Girl
- Girls und Panzer (Tanks are an art form, for girls. This is fact.)
- Medaka Box
- Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai
- Lucky Star

I still have more that I will add later but, due to the fact Im on my phones data as internet and i only get a gig, Im only posting this for now.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »

Ðeath.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 06:52:28 PM »
I haven't really watched a ton of anime, but here's a short list of what I can recommend:

Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: This show I recommend even to people who aren't into anime. it's highly approachable and frankly my favorite series of all time. FMA tries everything; comedy, action, drama, gut-wrenching tragedy, and succeeds on all fronts. No matter what you're into, you'll probably find something to like here. There are two series, FMA (2003) and FMA:B (2009). Both are very good, but they are different. FMA (2003) is slower and more drama focused, while FMA:B is fast-paced and action packed. It doesn't really matter which you go with, although I do suggest watching the first season of FMA (2003) if you plan to only watch Brotherhood, because Brotherhood assumes you know everything and flies through that content.

Code Geass: A more predominately action based title, but a good one nonetheless. It's your typical fighting robot mechs deal, but spices things up with optimism vs cynicism arguments and a hero whose sanity is in question. A really good watch up until the second season where the show just kinda rolls over and pisses on itself.

Kotoura-San: Okay, this show is weird. Not you typical Japanese subway tentacle monster weird but instead strange in its structure. The first ten minutes of the show is non-stop tragedy as a young psychic realizes her powers alienate her from everyone and is pushed to the edge to the suicidal depression. The rest of the show is a comedy, with tragedy occasionally sprinkled in. The comedy itself is decent, but I have to suggest the show just for those crazy ten minutes in the first episode.

And Molk wins the award for being descriptive. I think I'll give Code Geass and FMA/B a shot after reading this.

Anybody recommend Ghost in the Shell?

(I grew up off Detective Conan and Inuyasha; I don't know if I'd recommend Detective Conan, though.)

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
well im starting out with full metal alchemist .. gonna do a marathon and get all the episodes watched before school start up again or at least try :P

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
well im starting out with full metal alchemist .. gonna do a marathon and get all the episodes watched before school start up again or at least try :P

Make sure you watch Brotherhood and not the original, the original series was mediocre, and Brotherhood is amazing.

And Molk wins the award for being descriptive. I think I'll give Code Geass and FMA/B a shot after reading this.

Anybody recommend Ghost in the Shell?

(I grew up off Detective Conan and Inuyasha; I don't know if I'd recommend Detective Conan, though.)

Code Geass is on my list of 'to be watched'

I loved the first season of Ghost in teh Shell Stand Alone Complex, I think the second season was called 'Second Gig' but I was distracted by other shows and never watched the second season.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »
Anohana: The flower we saw that day... Bring tissues

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 09:32:41 PM »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
I have to disagree with you milk. The second season of CG was bonkers, stakes got raised super high, although Rolo was useless (and after he killed "somebody", I'm so glad what happens to him)

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 01:47:39 AM »

Global Moderator Comment 2) Thread "crapping", spamming and/or bombing with pointless posts is strictly forbidden.

I realize this is a bit gray area kind of thing, but let's not put pointless stuff in a dedicated thread, even if it is way off topic.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
I have to disagree with you milk. The second season of CG was bonkers, stakes got raised super high, although Rolo was useless (and after he killed "somebody", I'm so glad what happens to him)

Bitch, I'm 2%. Anyway, there comes a point in the second season where it just feels like the writers are pulling things out of their ass to keep raising the stakes. After a certain someone is defeated and the fleijas get involved I start liking it again, but the in between is just too "fillery".

Naw man, the season moves super fast, adds a ton of characters and manages to tie up all lose ends. That and since I love me some mechs, the battles are better as well.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »
Okay, what does NGE stand for and why do my partners say that the ending (s?) are weird and confusing?
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline GL4D0S

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »
Okay, what does NGE stand for and why do my partners say that the ending (s?) are weird and confusing?

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Its cool I have only just started it myself (But due to school stuff, I haven't been watching much anime so im way behind)

As for the endings I haven't finished the series so I wouldn't know.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Its cool I have only just started it myself (But due to school stuff, I haven't been watching much anime so im way behind)

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the most convoluted animes in existence, and has slightly different endings, depending if you watch the one that came with the series, or the one depicted in the original movie's death and rebirth of Evangelion. And now we have the rebuild of Evangelion, which is a remake of the entire series into four movies, and its god damn brilliant.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the most convoluted animes in existence, and has slightly different endings, depending if you watch the one that came with the series, or the one depicted in the original movie's death and rebirth of Evangelion. And now we have the rebuild of Evangelion, which is a remake of the entire series into four movies, and its god damn brilliant.

I'm currently re-watching the entire series, is there a proper order to watch all of the movies and such?  I want to watch all of them (including the older ones) once I finish the episodes.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »

Neon Genesis Evangelion

I'm currently re-watching the entire series, is there a proper order to watch all of the movies and such?  I want to watch all of them (including the older ones) once I finish the episodes.

Watch Death and Rebirth first, then End of Evangelion. Death and rebirth are remakes of the episodes 24/25 stretching them out long and adding more information, as well as giving a more real world account of the ending rather than the original clusterfuck. End of Evangelion is also a redo of the second part of episode 25 and then episode 26 as well.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal