Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 11659 times)

Offline Leninade

Starbound
« on: December 14, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
I know a few of us have it, so I was curious what everyone's opinion on it is. Plays a lot like Terraria, but I feel like the exploration aspect is far more polished and expansive. That said, I really wish I could figure out a way to easily go straight down instead of just plummeting to my death >_>.

Offline raddude-pancake ruler

Re: Starbound
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
want it.
gotta have it.
According to these results my milkshake is bringing an average of 80 to 90 percent of the boys to my yard.

"..Thinking about jabbing you in the eye with it right now. -_-"
"did you really just threaten to stab someone over a dlc debate?"
"You're the reason People hate furries Rad" -TicTac
"What kind of freaking moron would quote them self"-raddude

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
I didn't like Terraria, so I don't want to play this one bit.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Billy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »
This game is amazing.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 06:50:18 PM »
I have it

I WANT TO PLAY IT

But I refuse to play solo. I also can't set up my own server because there are no options to port forward with Optimum, and I refuse to use Hamachi.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
I have it

I WANT TO PLAY IT

But I refuse to play solo. I also can't set up my own server because there are no options to port forward with Optimum, and I refuse to use Hamachi.

If you are talking about your ISP, they wouldn't forward your ports, it'd be on your router in the web api.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »
I have it

I WANT TO PLAY IT

If you are talking about your ISP, they wouldn't forward your ports, it'd be on your router in the web api.
Just talked to Lenin (as well as another friend). Neither could find out how to port forward with it.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Is this actually better than Terraria?

I got Terraria in one of the very first humble bundles and was disappointed, exploring was cool but building was shitty and I decided to Minecraft instead.

The comparison to Terraria is what concerns me, but if it is better I might check it out

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »
It's okay. I personally never got into Terraria because I got too bored to ommit time into it to get anything worthwhile and everybody I played with had all this super gear and refused to do new characters on the grounds of it being boring. GEE.

So far Starbound looks decentish. I haven't played it too much but I have liked it so fa. Not amazing but if you like these kind of games then it probably is amazing.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
I have it

I WANT TO PLAY IT

Just talked to Lenin (as well as another friend). Neither could find out how to port forward with it.

What is the make and model of your router?

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
I have it

I WANT TO PLAY IT

Sagemcom 3965CV

Offline Leninade

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »
I have it

I WANT TO PLAY IT

Issue we were running in to is that when you try to access the ip to configure the router settings, since it's a proprietary router, it just redirects you to their website. Maybe you'll know more about it than me.

As for gameplay, Starbound (so far) has a pretty similar progression system in terms of, you start out with X, then get the next basic tier so you can get the next tier and so on. It's a little different in that tiers are kind of explicitly broken up by planet difficulties/sectors, though. I will say that because the resolution is higher than Terraria, buildings can be more detailed, and the greater variety of materials and craftables means more customization (that actually makes sense).

I feel like Starbound is a little more realistic (for being a sci-fi, open world, survival crafting game) than Terraria. You've got to eat, you've got to stay warm, and crafting isn't instantaneous (not necessarily a good thing, though). I do feel like the UI needs a little more work and NPC recruitment could be a little easier, though.

Offline grimlust

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »
I'm absolutely loving Starbound. Its like Terraria mix'd with star-trek. I am totally addicted and would LOVE some more people to play with!

Offline raddude-pancake ruler

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
I have been enjoying it. Only thing that is annoying me right now are the bugs. I'm lucky to have a friend that somehow hasn't experienced any issues to tell me if something should be the way it is.
According to these results my milkshake is bringing an average of 80 to 90 percent of the boys to my yard.

"..Thinking about jabbing you in the eye with it right now. -_-"
"did you really just threaten to stab someone over a dlc debate?"
"You're the reason People hate furries Rad" -TicTac
"What kind of freaking moron would quote them self"-raddude

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
If the steam sales are crappy again tomorrow I'm gonna spend the rest of my monies on Starbound, hopefully all the hype is well deserved.
I like how it looks compared to Terraria, I don't know what it is but Terraria felt off, but this seems to work.

It's kind of got a Maplestory (I love artistically but hated grinding wise) mixed with some Terraria and a whole lotta sci-fi channel.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal