Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kwaurtz' thread of recipes for cheap and hungry college kids.  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Kwaurtz' thread of recipes for cheap and hungry college kids.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 04:16:11 AM »
Salsa Verde pulled pork:

1: 7lbs pork butt - $10
2: jars salsa verde - $2.50
2: Onions - $.70
2: Garlic cloves - $.50
1 tsp liquid smoke mesquite - $3.14 per bottle

Yield's 24 4 oz portions - Approximate recipe cost is around 15$ Will cost under 1$ a portion of meat, which is a hell of a price.

Dice onions and mince garlic, mix with salsa and liquid smoke. pour into crockpot, add pork butt. Cook on low for 16 hours. Cool, shred, re-add pork to salsa. Will net approximately 6 lbs of cooked product

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »
THANKS KWAURTZ I HAVE NO FOOD LEFT AT WORK.

Now I am hungry :(

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 04:18:11 PM »
Salsa Verde pulled pork:

1: 7lbs pork butt - $10
2: jars salsa verde - $2.50
2: Onions - $.70
2: Garlic cloves - $.50
1 tsp liquid smoke mesquite - $3.14 per bottle

Yield's 24 4 oz portions - Approximate recipe cost is around 15$ Will cost under 1$ a portion of meat, which is a hell of a price.

Dice onions and mince garlic, mix with salsa and liquid smoke. pour into crockpot, add pork butt. Cook on low for 16 hours. Cool, shred, re-add pork to salsa. Will net approximately 6 lbs of cooked product

I made pulled pork once, cooking low and slow is definitely the right way, the meat pulls out so easily .

Sweet and sour Korean chicken wings:

-Soy sauce, you can buy some for 2$

-Chicken wings, 9$ pack gives you about 10 full chicken wings, cut them in half you have 20.

- Brown Sugar or regular sugar

- 1 teaspoon vinegar

- Salt

- Ginger, fine chopped or use ginger honey tea packs

- In a sauce pan, boil about 2-3 cups of water, add ginger, then add soy sauce, vinegar, a bit of salt, ( you can add peanuts or any kind of nuts if you're not allergic). Then add enough sugar until it starts to caramelize.

Fry the chicken wings with flour and spices

Finally add the thick burning hot sauce over them, and enjoy.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:24:32 PM by (QC) Spell Bound »
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 05:50:30 PM »
The Canadians around here would know about dat KD. (I think it's called something else in the states/Uk, I can't remember)

Basically it's noodles + cheese sause but like hamburger helper you can add all kinds of stuff to it to make it more interesting. This is the classic...

1 box of KD (directions for cooking it are on the box)
1 package of hotdogs
Ketchup and/or hotsause if you want.

Make the KD and boil the hotdogs seperately. Slice up the hotdogs and put them in the KD. Easy, cheap meal that is pretty filling.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »
The Canadians around here would know about dat KD. (I think it's called something else in the states/Uk, I can't remember)

Basically it's noodles + cheese sause but like hamburger helper you can add all kinds of stuff to it to make it more interesting. This is the classic...

1 box of KD (directions for cooking it are on the box)
1 package of hotdogs
Ketchup and/or hotsause if you want.

Make the KD and boil the hotdogs seperately. Slice up the hotdogs and put them in the KD. Easy, cheap meal that is pretty filling.

It's called Kraft Macaroni and Cheese here, but thanks to South Park I also know it as Kraft Dinna :P

I fucking love taking that stuff (spirals master race, fuck elbow pasta!) and putting hot dogs and bacon and hot sauce in it, I do it at LEAST once a week, KD is like $1 or less per box.  Fucking delicious. 

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline kaelthex

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »
Kraft Mac N' Chees with Uncle Ben's brocolli and cheese rice with slices of hotdog and tuna fish......It's the best and It's like $10 or less....Depending where you are.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal