Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.  (Read 14719 times)

Offline oobla37

Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.
« on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/12/project-m-super-smash-bros-mod/

Keep in mind this is a completely legal mod to download and install. It's not warranty voiding, and there's no console modding going on when you install it. It's legal because you must own a copy of the game to do it, and your console doesn't become a hacked system. It's free, 100% legal, and Nintendo hasn't stopped it for over a year.

Project M is a modification to Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It adds a couple characters, and many gameplay changes that are intended to BALANCE competitive play. This mod was created with the desire to make it fit for tournament and professional level play. They've come pretty dang close. The site has been given the hug of death right now, so it will be difficult to view it and look at the changes. It should clear up in a couple days as people get their 3.0 installed.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:13:11 PM by Pillz »

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Re: Project M: Amazing Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
I have been meaning to install this and play it.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 06:29:07 AM »
The more you say "free" and "legal" I am beginning to doubt it more.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
See I love Smash Bros because its NOT a tournament style fighter, and instead something fun to beat the shit out of your friends in.

I'm also one of those people who always plays with items on because I am a chuck wagon.  I always play with 4 total characters in a fight (CPU controlled when necessary) and items on high so you constantly have to adapt and things are constantly randomizing around you, its so much fun, yeah you get cheap deaths sometimes (inevitably) but I find it to be much more fun overall :P

Cue all the raging of the fighting game purists, but I loathe fighting games so I don't care ;D

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »
See I love Smash Bros because its NOT a tournament style fighter, and instead something fun to beat the shit out of your friends in.

I'm also one of those people who always plays with items on because I am a chuck wagon.  I always play with 4 total characters in a fight (CPU controlled when necessary) and items on high so you constantly have to adapt and things are constantly randomizing around you, its so much fun, yeah you get cheap deaths sometimes (inevitably) but I find it to be much more fun overall :P

Cue all the raging of the fighting game purists, but I loathe fighting games so I don't care ;D

zero items, 4 stock, 7 minutes or GTFO
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »

Booooorrriiiiiiing.  Why don't you just go play street fighter or something instead

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »

Booooorrriiiiiiing.  Why don't you just go play street fighter or something instead

Items far too OP in Brawl. For Melee they weren't too bad.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »
Never had a wii, so only had melee. But my favourite fights were all percentage health (don't remember the mode name), in slowmo xP
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »

Items far too OP in Brawl. For Melee they weren't too bad.
I always have pokeballs on.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:32 PM »
"Items are OP" um Crow absolutely anyone can use items, half the gameplay is learning how to get to items before your opponents and use them well, I'm sorry you aren't good enough to master the game trollface

I mean seriously, there is so much more depth and flexibility to the characters and matches when items are added to the mix, you can't predict everything so you have to be able to react not just plan :P

Get gewd Crow.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »
No man, Items are just way too OP. Its not giving you an advantage, its handing nukes off to toddlers for shits and giggles.
They are too easy to use, and too many of them spawn. Just doesn't make for a fair fight, and I would wipe the floor with you Chris, with items off.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
No man, Items are just way too OP. Its not giving you an advantage, its handing nukes off to toddlers for shits and giggles.
They are too easy to use, and too many of them spawn. Just doesn't make for a fair fight, and I would wipe the floor with you Chris, with items off.
I have more fun with some items on. Makes it more challenging. I only use Smashball and Pokeballs :P But I let AI use others.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »

If you want to see infinity the funniest thing in the game.
4 Computer Controlled Characters
Max Item Spawn Rate
Poke-Balls only

It's just a cluster fuck of pokemon all over the fucking place.
Bonus points if you have Lucario, Red and Jigglypuff to begin with

Offline Christovski

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »

I'm sorry Crow you keep talking all I hear is "I'm butthurt that I suck at using items and always lose with them on, so I shut them off and never learned how to ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME"

edit: why don't you go play Dark Souls and turn off all the magic in the game because magic enemies are OP and you can't handle them.
or play War Thunder and turn guns off trollface
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:19:40 PM by Christovski »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »

I'm sorry Crow you keep talking all I hear is "I'm butthurt that I suck at using items and always lose with them on, so I shut them off and never learned how to ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME"

edit: why don't you go play Dark Souls and turn off all the magic in the game because magic enemies are OP and you can't handle them.
or play War Thunder and turn guns off trollface

come on chris, let's keep away from personal attacks. Tournament rulings are no items, 4 stocks, 7 minutes. It's a different way of playing the game, and it's much more dependent on player skill than random item spawns, or at least the current agreement goes on. You could make the argument that you have to have skill  to use the items, and thusly the smash community was completely divided a couple years ago on items/no items. It currently sits at no items, but it could change. Regardless, don't bash another persons way of playing the game. That's something the smash community can agree on.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal