Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VIMP New TeamSpeak Rule In Place!!  (Read 10664 times)

Offline Dinomoto

Re: VIMP New Ventrilo Rule In Place!!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
Settle down people for fuck sake.
Phim Bogason

Offline Raunky

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »
Actually, I did read your post. Wholegrain was pointing out how you claimed to know what this community was formed on when you weren't around when the community was created. Then you made a comment saying that CG wasn't created for drama purposes, so I clarified while making a criticism of your choice to use bold fonts and capital letters. Then you tell people to shut the fuck up and start going around and cursing. Don't chastise me for being snarky and rude if you're going to do the same.

Also, if you knew what he meant there was no need to make a comment about CG being made for the purpose of drama. It doesn't convey your understanding of wholegrain's statements.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
Actually, I did read your post. Wholegrain was pointing out how you claimed to know what this community was formed on when you weren't around when the community was created. Then you made a comment saying that CG wasn't created for drama purposes, so I clarified while making a criticism of your choice to use bold fonts and capital letters. Then you tell people to shut the fuck up and start going around and cursing. Don't chastise me for being snarky and rude if you're going to do the same.

Also, if you knew what he meant there was no need to make a comment about CG being made for the purpose of drama. It doesn't convey your understanding of wholegrain's statements.
*sigh* you obviously have no idea what I'm talking about or you'd stop going on about shit I already explained.

I know I wasn't here when SKG existed etc etc. And I don't give two fucks.

CG was born 2009. I Joined in 2010.
No more then 10 months later.

and he didn't know what I meant because he didn't read, and obviously nither did you. Skimming isn't reading.

Regadless enough of this. Post anything else about this stupid debate on who screamed what and I'll delete the post and give you a break from the forums.

I don't care.

Make your post relevant only to the rule and don't even think about throwing in a little " blah blah thats my opinion whats yours fussy... *cough*" Type troll.

ON TOPIC OR LEAVE THE THREAD. DO not reply to this thread.

ON TOPIC NOW
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
Settle down people for fuck sake.
What have you to worry about!
You, you ... NON -CG member!

Offline Andredem

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:52 PM »
When people go to type things, especially on the forums, they kind of plan out what they want to say and edit it or re-read it for modification. When people are talking over mics, especially in ventrillo, sometimes things just come out of their mouths. That's how it goes in real life. People may not mean to say things they say. Thus, someone recording it could really piss them off.

So I agree with the rule. I agree with the vent permaban. The C-Wide ban.. Eh, I trust that you, Inject, have good reasoning for this. I trust you do, but C-Wide bans are just so.. Idk.

Even though I don't visit vent much I don't want to be recorded unless it's for a convention
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »
When people go to type things, especially on the forums, they kind of plan out what they want to say and edit it or re-read it for modification. When people are talking over mics, especially in ventrillo, sometimes things just come out of their mouths. That's how it goes in real life. People may not mean to say things they say. Thus, someone recording it could really piss them off.

So I agree with the rule. I agree with the vent permaban. The C-Wide ban.. Eh, I trust that you, Inject, have good reasoning for this. I trust you do, but C-Wide bans are just so.. Idk.

Even though I don't visit vent much I don't want to be recorded unless it's for a convention

True. Very Very True.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »
If people don't record what goes on in vent, they can still verbally explain what was said. That is why I think this rule is retarded, it helps, but people who really want to record can do so secretly. You won't find out if they're careful, and if you don't want people to find out you're being a dick, maybe don't say anything at all; make it private or say it over steam. Either way people will probably find out one way or another; I have heard so much about me from other people, people that hardly know me and others that do, but regardless it's annoying as shit; but I really don't care. People have their opinions of me and I have my own of them; but I'm just curious as to when any of that behavior deserves punishment, or if it ever does at all.

Vent rules-

1. Don't be an asshole.

2. No personal attacks. If you want to say something about someone, please say it elsewhere. We've had too many sissy fits with people talking behind each others backs.

So if people are breaking these rules, can we record them; or only if their breaking certain rules?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:09:34 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 11:14:35 PM »
I have heard so much about me from other people that makes no sense, and it's annoying as shit; but I really don't care. People have their opinions of me and I have my own of them. I'm just curious as to when any of that behavior deserves punishment, or if it does at all.

People talk shit on each other all the time. Its not like we have any personal vendetta against said person. Its just basic shit talking. Everyone has done it at one point or another. What isn't right though is people recording it and then proceeding to send it to said individual. (That's just a poor understanding of social skills) But anyway, recording every little bit of gossip and sending it to a said person is pretty jacked up and deserves some kind of punishment. Look at what it started? A total derpfest. We need to try to stop the derpfests. I doubt CG will get to the point where we are ready to give each other presents and blowjobs.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »

Yes, you are correct CG Wide Perma ban was probably to far. However depending on the situation I could see some harsh punishments.  But as far as cg wide perma bans no.

If people don't record what goes on in vent, they can still verbally explain what was said. That is why I think this rule is retarded, it helps, but people who really want to record can do so secretly. You won't find out if they're careful, and if you don't want people to find out you're being a dick, maybe don't say anything at all; make it private or say it over steam. Either way people will probably find out one way or another; I have heard so much about me from other people, people that hardly know me and others that do, but regardless it's annoying as shit; but I really don't care. People have their opinions of me and I have my own of them; but I'm just curious as to when any of that behavior deserves punishment, or if it ever does at all.

Vent rules-

1. Don't be an asshole.

2. No personal attacks. If you want to say something about someone, please say it elsewhere. We've had too many sissy fits with people talking behind each others backs.

So if people are breaking these rules, can we record them; or only if their breaking certain rules?

Oh lord, How do I start. The rule is retarded, because people can break it. That makes sense...wait a god damn giggity second... That make scene at all. Huh Strange.

Because someone can abuse or break the rule doesn't mean it shouldn't be the rule. If it stops just one incident then it's been helpful. And just as easy as recording get out so does the person who recorded them.

Generally most of CG Vent Rules are more of guide lines, and don't result in as harsh of punishments if they were enforced in the first place.
Also being an asshole is probably a poor rule since an ass hole is just an opinion. You can't prove that something is assholeish.

As far as personal attacks go. The point of that is not not personally attack a person to their face although I'm not saying you should attack them at all, it's still a place to vent and let out steam. Also many people confuse anger or dislike of someone as a personal attack when it isn't.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
I doubt CG will get to the point where we are ready to give each other presents and blowjobs.

I'll give you a blow job  Meme9

I will record everything in Ventrilo

and then leave it on my computer for my fapping interests

WATCHOO GONNA DO BOUT IT THEN?

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2012, 11:54:12 PM »
Vent rules-

1. Don't be an asshole.

Oh lord, How do I start. The rule is retarded, because people can break it. That makes sense...wait a god damn giggity second... That make scene at all. Huh Strange.

Because someone can abuse or break the rule doesn't mean it shouldn't be the rule. If it stops just one incident then it's been helpful. And just as easy as recording get out so does the person who recorded them.

Generally most of CG Vent Rules are more of guide lines, and don't result in as harsh of punishments if they were enforced in the first place.
Also being an asshole is probably a poor rule since an ass hole is just an opinion. You can't prove that something is assholeish.

As far as personal attacks go. The point of that is not not personally attack a person to their face although I'm not saying you should attack them at all, it's still a place to vent and let out steam. Also many people confuse anger or dislike of someone as a personal attack when it isn't.
I'm confused, is there an answer of whether or not you can record for those rules (the second one at least)?

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2012, 12:20:09 AM »
honestly everything I think that needed a compromise on this issue has been met

punishment = vent perma ban not cg wide               
ok to record those breaking major rule

my main two counter points have been met

see that wasn't that hard haha

anyways I have no purpose in this thread now that it has been established so im outtie

or can I request a lockie for this?

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:01 AM »

anyways I have no purpose in this thread now that it has been established so im outtie

Fare enough.

Breaking rule 7 Results in a Ventrilo Perma. Not a cg wide perma ban.

If you don't like this start a new thread about it. Most people seem to now be satisfied. Thank god.

I'd like to thank the academy,.... meme1

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 01:32:16 AM »

Fare enough.

Breaking rule 7 Results in a Ventrilo Perma. Not a cg wide perma ban.

If you don't like this start a new thread about it. Most people seem to now be satisfied. Thank god.

I'd like to thank the academy,.... meme1

IN B4 LOCK

EDIT: GOD DAMNIT FUUUU im late...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 01:32:16 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal