Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minecraft Forum  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Minecraft Forum
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 11:58:07 PM »
Well if he's already a server owner, is there really any need? If there should be HA for things like minecraft, there should just be "CG Community (GAME NAME HERE) Server Owner" tags, to show that someone owns a particular server that isn't "owned" or paid for by Conjoint Gaming's leaders.  Just to associate difference. (and could help out with getting more servers)
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »
Well if he's already a server owner, is there really any need? If there should be HA for things like minecraft, there should just be "CG Community (GAME NAME HERE) Server Owner" tags, to show that someone owns a particular server that isn't "owned" or paid for by Conjoint Gaming's leaders.  Just to associate difference. (and could help out with getting more servers)

Oh I mean if CG purchases it's own MC server, Sqtgdog would probably be the best bet for who to have do it as opposed to having someone without much recent experience trying to do it.

Though if we had our own server I suppose we could have him start as trial and move his way up but he'd need access to FTP and everything so it'd just be a weird situation. If it ever happens we can focus on that then though.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »
If that's the case Pillz he would really need to make sure we could reach him and that he could run it. No sense in giving somebody an "HA in name only" because from what I've seen, its hard to get a hold of him (anybody remember the animal spawn spam? How about the horses "dying") Again Sqt is a great guy, but when it comes to MC, things need to be sorted ASAP.

IMO Red might make a better candidate for that :P

And again, I think HA's should only be pulled from the Vet pool, unless you guys make a rule change.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 01:50:25 AM »
If that's the case Pillz he would really need to make sure we could reach him and that he could run it. No sense in giving somebody an "HA in name only" because from what I've seen, its hard to get a hold of him (anybody remember the animal spawn spam? How about the horses "dying") Again Sqt is a great guy, but when it comes to MC, things need to be sorted ASAP.

IMO Red might make a better candidate for that :P

And again, I think HA's should only be pulled from the Vet pool, unless you guys make a rule change.

^
This.

It would make sense to give him access to the server files for coding purposes but for admin management it would be smarter to have an admin from CG.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Sqtgdog

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 01:58:26 AM »
Guys,

I will be the FIRST to admit that i'm not capable of running the server by myself.

This is why Pillz usually gets OP permissions, along with Admin stuff.  It always helps to have another person to help out.  We all have lives outside of MC, and can't be online ALL the time.

If you guys want to promote/vote in ( I honestly don't know your process ) someone to assist as an Admin on the server, I am completely open to that.  I would welcome that help, especially if it's someone the community has chosen.

Being that the current server is stored, hosted, and run off my personal computer, there are some limitations to what the additional admins will be able to do.  I/We need to establish how to enable remote restarts and stuff like that, which will help keep the server up longer and more reliably.

I will attempt to get a decent banner for the server status, but i'm limited to the free options at this time.  If anyone knows of a good product, please feel free to let me know, and i'll look into that.

I'll be happy to rock your world... Minecraft that is...

Offline Red

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 02:01:19 AM »
-snip-
Mmm I think Sq would be fine as HA too be honest... I love Minecraft that's true and I like to help people on it, that's also true... But being a HA on it? I don't have enough experience with minecraft servers in general whereas Sq has a ton. I'm also not the most active person on it =P Leninade, Live Bait, Burgers, an too be honest probably Sq are all more active on it than I am =\. Any one of them would be much better candidates for HA on any future Minecraft server we have than I would be. I think the only thing Sq has to really do to be contacted more easily would be to turn on his steam more often and maybe give a few people his cell phone number =P.
^my two cents.

Why not hold a HA nomination for Sq for any future MC servers?
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline DBag

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »
Team viewer is good for working from a distance. Its what wooley has me use when I work on his servers.
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
-snip-
Mmm I think Sq would be fine as HA too be honest... I love Minecraft that's true and I like to help people on it, that's also true... But being a HA on it? I don't have enough experience with minecraft servers in general whereas Sq has a ton. I'm also not the most active person on it =P Leninade, Live Bait, Burgers, an too be honest probably Sq are all more active on it than I am =\. Any one of them would be much better candidates for HA on any future Minecraft server we have than I would be. I think the only thing Sq has to really do to be contacted more easily would be to turn on his steam more often and maybe give a few people his cell phone number =P.
^my two cents.

Why not hold a HA nomination for Sq for any future MC servers?

Because we had an HA for the Minecraft server that was never on, was never on the forums and never updated the server.....and therefor after two weeks the server died.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 02:01:22 AM »
Done, needs more work still though.

There's discussion of a Tekkit server going up too in a similar fashion to Sqtgdogs server so we might create child boards for the individual MC servers.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »

There's discussion of a Tekkit server going up too in a similar fashion to Sqtgdogs server so we might create child boards for the individual MC servers.

Again, probably best to make the first server sustainable, then think about others. We always seem to bite off more then we can chew and it never ends well, even if the server is free.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 02:12:46 AM »

Again, probably best to make the first server sustainable, then think about others. We always seem to bite off more then we can chew and it never ends well, even if the server is free.

Yes but this would be ran by a friend of Mr. Soap who's been running a server for them and they recently got it changed to dedicated hosting which we'd like to do with Sqtgdog's server one day so we're looking into all that right now; but to have both a Tekkit and mostly Vanilla server in CG would be quite neat.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 02:24:38 AM »
Was confused for a moment since DotA 2 was in Minecraft's spot. Then I realized that it had its own forum finally.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 02:48:53 AM »
Was confused for a moment since DotA 2 was in Minecraft's spot. Then I realized that it had its own forum finally.

Seriously considering moving Dota to it's own forum too, but it's the only one that we technically don't have a server for so eh.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 02:48:53 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal