Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minecraft Forum  (Read 6597 times)

Offline Sqtgdog

Minecraft Forum
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
Why doesn't Minecraft have a real Forum board? 

This child board business is kinda like saying MC is a 3rd World / 2nd Class community.

Along with having a listed/dedicated Forum, I would like to see a server status banner included.  If that is something I need to work with a CL to create, I will be happy to do so.

I know the MC server isn't a true CG run server, but I feel like it's been widely accepted, and is the default MC server for CG.

If there are some changes you guys would like to see, in order for my request to happen, I am also very willing to see what I can do to accommodate.

-Sqtgdog
I'll be happy to rock your world... Minecraft that is...

Offline Pillz

Re: Minecraft Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
Yeah I often wonder this too, and think it was just because of how MC has always been ran by someone outside of CG just helping out. It's a big enough part of the community to have a forum for.

I think someone has also offered their Pixelmon MC server for CG in a similar fashion but I don't know if that's still alive or not..

So I'll be glad to get you a banner up and have the section changed, we just need to get a decent banner that's similar to the others and then I'll throw it up.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Then Dota needs one.

JK, you banned most of the dota playerbase

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »
Then Dota needs one.

JK, you banned most of the dota playerbase
Wasn't that because as soon as the CL change some of the Dota2 players started jumping on and Trolling or spamming. Also I play Dota as well.

ALSO i do think we need a board for this

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
Minecraft really doesn't need one. Sure people play it, but nobody really posts stuff on the forums concerning minecraft.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »
Minecraft really doesn't need one. Sure people play it, but nobody really posts stuff on the forums concerning minecraft.

We talk about it more on the forums than TF2, NMRiH and ZPS, though. It helps to have a more obvious section of the forum to effectively plan building and to communicate with other MC players outside the server itself.

I say when the server has a functioning bukkit plugin and the such we should throw it up there. I think Minecraft is a common game for most everyone in CG so hey, why not.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:13:28 PM by Pillz »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 06:38:51 AM »
EDIT: ok yea, might wanna move it OUT of the child board.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »
Considering CG could never hold a proper server together for more then one month, why would it deserve its own board? You know that I love Minecraft Pillz, but giving it its own board won't increase any sort of posts on it, or even show up better. I think it actually does pretty good where it is because its one of the first things that pops up.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Red

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »
I think it should have it's own board, heck we have boards for servers we don't even talk about at all whereas we talk about Mincraft a lot =P.

+hey why not, it's not like it would make problems for anyone, if anything it might help =P
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Sqtgdog

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 07:33:20 PM »
Just a few stats for consideration:

Posts related to the MC server I host with recent replies have...

705 replies

...as of this post.  Seems pretty lively to me.
I'll be happy to rock your world... Minecraft that is...

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 12:22:06 AM »

Well, I'm gonna call "BullShit" on that, Sir.
I think the Minecraft playerbase here has expanded well enough to have its own board.
We ended up repurposing (hijacking?) a thread about upcoming 1.7 screenshots into a thread about the things we've seen. Like Haelin attracting a couple spiders. Or Haelin's memorial a world away. And Haelin's house catching on lava...
The Point is that "child" board is growing up and needs a little more room than a crib. :)

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
I suppose you guys are right. The stats alone speak the truth. I reverse my previous position, lets make it a full board. That being said, I think it would be cool to get a Minecraft server again at some point, if we can keep the population up. I haven't been playing lately because sometimes the lag is horrible, and Sqt, we need to be able to get ahold of you better man when the server is down.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
I was thinking if we did get an official CG server maybe we could have Sqtg run it, but I feel if we put it on the serverbox it'll only be a smidgen better than Sqtg's spare computer.

When he get's bukkit and everything back on the current server it should be back to normal though. When we have the funds and resources we can look to purchasing upgrades and have Sqtg run as HA with a HA/a or two for when he's busy.

Until then, we can move the board; just waiting on a fancy banner.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
I was thinking if we did get an official CG server maybe we could have Sqtg run it, but I feel if we put it on the serverbox it'll only be a smidgen better than Sqtg's spare computer.

When he get's bukkit and everything back on the current server it should be back to normal though. When we have the funds and resources we can look to purchasing upgrades and have Sqtg run as HA with a HA/a or two for when he's busy.

Wait, why would Sqt be an HA? That would kinda be unfair to the process of pulling from the pool of Vet admins we have and while Sqt is a cool guy, I know he has much better things to do then run the server (we already have enough inactive HA's right now :/ )

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 11:51:08 PM »

Wait, why would Sqt be an HA? That would kinda be unfair to the process of pulling from the pool of Vet admins we have and while Sqt is a cool guy, I know he has much better things to do then run the server (we already have enough inactive HA's right now :/ )

Well because he knows what he's doing, and he doesn't really have any means of becoming a trial, regular or vet?

We don't exactly have trial/regular admins for MC and if we got an official CG server he would have to be at least the coder/HA'a.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 11:51:08 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal