Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Start the revolution! (of the US, not CG....)  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Old Crow

Start the revolution! (of the US, not CG....)
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:06:09 PM »
http://www.cracked.com/article_20705_5-ways-u.s.-democracy-more-rigged-than-you-think.html

Time to throw these assholes out of office and start anew.

Also just for NSA: China
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

Re: Start the revolution! (of the US, not CG....)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
I don't see anything new here :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »
Its for the unwashed masses that don't know better

LETS START IT!! LIBERTY PRIME I BESEECH THEE TO HELP IN THIS FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

Spoiler for Hidden:

3 Days isn't log

Offline crovv

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:28:33 PM »
There are two main problems with the US's government as it stands (this is a much more simplified version than reality, of course.)

1) The Founding Fathers were so afraid of tyranny and "a new king" - or at least that was their excuse - that they rigged the United States government to be so inefficient that one person could never take power. We are purposely inefficient because we're "thorough" when it comes to avoiding centralized power.

2) The two-party system is broken.

Spoiler for Hidden:
That's all I'm saying for now on this topic for fear of getting rant-y.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
There are two main problems with the US's government as it stands (this is a much more simplified version than reality, of course.)

1) The Founding Fathers were so afraid of tyranny and "a new king" - or at least that was their excuse - that they rigged the United States government to be so inefficient that one person could never take power. We are purposely inefficient because we're "thorough" when it comes to avoiding centralized power.

2) The two-party system is broken.

Spoiler for Hidden:
That's all I'm saying for now on this topic for fear of getting rant-y.

Thing is, it worked well for nearly 300 years, its just now some of the issues they didn't get rid of (gerrymandering and lobbyist are two that come to mind) have really caused huge issues. We often only get something done while its either tied to some other bill, which is stupid, or because some companies/individual throws money at people to get bills that favor them.

Two more problems also come to mind. The fact that the filibuster has now come down to stalling everything under the sun, it needs limits. The other is that there isn't a coalition government like there is with nearly all democracy's.

3 Days isn't log

Offline crovv

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »
-snip-

Thing is, it worked well for nearly 300 years, its just now some of the issues they didn't get rid of (gerrymandering and lobbyist are two that come to mind) have really caused huge issues. We often only get something done while its either tied to some other bill, which is stupid, or because some companies/individual throws money at people to get bills that favor them.

Two more problems also come to mind. The fact that the filibuster has now come down to stalling everything under the sun, it needs limits. The other is that there isn't a coalition government like there is with nearly all democracy's.

I agree. Fillibustering, gerrymandering, lobbyists, and all that kind of stuff just annoys me so much.

As someone who can vote now, I just hate the way the current US government works. Politics is so bad.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal