Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What happened to fun nights?  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Christovski

What happened to fun nights?
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »
See title.  I thought we were all excited to run passworded fun-nights as a nice incentive for people to join the forums and such, from multiple servers, but so far ZM is the only one to have had any fun nights.  On the fun nights thread we had a ways back that inspired me to bring them back from ZM, it seemed a lot of people were excited about having them.

We've had admins from TF2, TTT, and Hidden join our ZM fun nights so obviously people like the idea, so what happened to anyone else doing them? 

All you really need is the HA to password the server for the particular time it is being run, post the password on the forums for all CG members to see, and have some admins willing to run some games/fun maps/alternate gameplay.

TL;DR: I'm sad that there are no fun nights to go to, since I'm running my own and don't really get to play :P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Leninade

Re: What happened to fun nights?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:07:01 AM »
Because it requires coordinating enough people to be on at the same time, which isn't something that can always be done. I barely even have time to game during the weekdays anymore, sadly.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:07:01 AM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:41:55 AM »
Because it requires coordinating enough people to be on at the same time, which isn't something that can always be done. I barely even have time to game during the weekdays anymore, sadly.
Yes, So atleast please post in 5 different timezones!

Ðeath.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Honestly isn't too hard to do; while the idea may seem like a *lot* of coordination is involved, as Christovski said, just one admin, and one password. Doesn't matter *who* shows up to fun night, or when. Zombie Master fun night went *Exactly* as expected; most ZM admins popped up - some immediately, some later - but some other players showed up too, like Nexus and Yahtzee. Btw, there isn't really a 'enough people for fun night' deal, could be a whole server, could be three people.

Set a time, Set a password, and people shall come.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
Honestly isn't too hard to do; while the idea may seem like a *lot* of coordination is involved, as Christovski said, just one admin, and one password. Doesn't matter *who* shows up to fun night, or when. Zombie Master fun night went *Exactly* as expected; most ZM admins popped up - some immediately, some later - but some other players showed up too, like Nexus and Yahtzee. Btw, there isn't really a 'enough people for fun night' deal, could be a whole server, could be three people.

Set a time, Set a password, and people shall come.

I even talked to Red and Burgers because they were wondering how Hidden could do it with only 9 people per server, and I pointed out they could do fun night on 2 servers, as long as they had an admin on each, and that would hold 18 people which is more than ZM which was 16 and we only had a few times when there were people waiting to get in.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »
TF2 needs this badly.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Christovski

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
TF2 needs this badly.
I would actually play TF2 for this as long as it is on a weekend :P

Offline DBag

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »
I kind of would like to see this happen on the hidden servers I think it would be fun to have regs fill the entire server
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »
* Christovski crickets chirping

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »
Old Crow ain't plannin shit yo.

Neither of us does, speaking of it. No I won't.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »
Pyro?  Yahtzee?  Cortez?  Noone gives a shit anymore?

Offline DBag

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 12:47:41 PM »
I do :( and A lot of other people do to

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
Yeah I meant noone of CG leadership cares since any talk of doing anything to get things moving in CG goes absolutely nowhere, like the donation ideas thread the same thing, went absolutely nowhere.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
Yeah I meant noone of CG leadership cares since any talk of doing anything to get things moving in CG goes absolutely nowhere, like the donation ideas thread the same thing, went absolutely nowhere.
Consider yourself a CL application...

Offline DBag

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »
Yeah I am still trying to donate something but its a little hard considering the fact at the moment I don't have my debit card because I had my number stolen. And also the fact I have very little money to begin with. the only reason I made that thread was to get people to talk about it. I mean it was something I thought I should ask

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal