Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minecraft 1.7  (Read 8851 times)

Offline theyankees213

Re: Minecraft 1.7
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 11:57:47 PM »
I CALL THE FIRST PRIDE ROCK WE FIND. THAT IS MY SHIT (If we reset.)

I found a kinda-Pride rock exploring the most recent snapshot in single player.. haha

-snip-

I can see it Happening

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »
im down for the restart.. really digging those sunflowers

*pulls out tnt

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 02:36:12 AM »
HOW TO PLAY MINECRAFT 1.7 SNAPSHOTS a & b WITH NEW BIOMES, NO DOWNLOADS REQUIRED.

To install a snapshot in 1.6 and onwards, download the Minecraft launcher. Download link is available on the minecraft.net/download.
Check Enable experimental development versions("snapshots"), now you are able to select snapshot builds. 'Snapshot 1.6.2' means 1.6.2 pre-release.

By default, you can choose and play release versions of Minecraft, e.g. 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and 1.6.1. To select development versions, follow these steps:

Create new profile for development versions. Press New Profile button on the launcher. A dialog will open:
        Name it something like 'Snapshots'.
        Check Enable experimental development versions("snapshots").
        Then, Save Profile.

Now, you can play both latest release version and development version by switching profiles on the launcher. Keep in mind that Minecraft don't care about save data compatibility. So you should use temporal world when you test development builds!

If you want to compare with older snapshots, hit Edit Profile on the launcher and choose specific version from Use versions dropdown box.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 02:31:15 AM »
Improved Nether portals.

Planned to have odd width to allow for design variations and have fun with ghasts
    Portals can now be activated from any block within the portal, not just the bottom (when any fire block appears inside the frame)
    New nether portal building rules: Any size from 4x5 to 23x23, but rectangular

All blocks beyond X/Z 30 million (±30,000,000) from origin now act as solid blocks.

This includes air blocks.
    This creates essentially an invisible wall at the boundary.
    As all blocks function as solid, if the player is moved outside the boundary via external tools, they will be unable to move outside the block space they are within.
    Despite the above, the camera can still move normally. This reveals that ghost chunks still generate, as the camera can pass through normally solid blocks beyond the boundry.

Improved the chat system

"Useful to map makers, modders, players and server admins"
    Added a way to do things when clicking things in chat, like executing a command
    Other actions include opening a URL and showing an item tooltip when hovered on
    "Saved screenshot as" messages can now be clicked to open the screenshot, takes you to the .minecraft folder
    Names can now be clicked to PM people
    Added /tellraw <player> <raw json message> to send chat messages with custom functionality to players - sender will not appear

Offline Pillz

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
Added Red Sand

-Generated on the lowest surface levels of the Mesa biome
    -Behaves like normal sand
    -Can be smelted into Glass and crafted into TNT, but cannot be crafted into Sandstone

Orange Stained Clay generates in Mesa in place of sandstone

Added Minecart with Command Block

-Can only be obtained using /give (item ID 422 or minecraft:hopper_command_block) or /summon (entity name MinecartCommandBlock)
    -Activated by Activator Rails
    -Run their command every so often as long as they are powered - Running a command block minecart across a single powered activator rail at full speed will run its command thrice
    -Can be success-tested while on a Detector Rail with a Redstone Comparator next to the rail (just like how the Minecart with Chest and Minecart with Hopper can be fill-checked)

When enchanting books, books can now gain multiple enchantments.

Logging is now done using Log4j 2

-Default logging location is now in logs/latest.logs, older logs are archived in logs/2013-09-23-1.lg.gz, with the number at the end increasing each startup
    -Thanks to Log4j 2, the way logs are saved can be changed, examples: html page, database, errors only, no logging at all

Techincal changes

=An alert appears telling you to use item names when you spawn an item in using its ID, as they will soon become deprecated.
="Diamonds to you" achievement can be obtained by throwing a diamond to a zombie that has the CanPickUpLoot NBT tag
=Minecart with Command Block only activates every 4 ticks (2 redstone ticks) when on a powered Activator Rail
=Changed the item name (the name used in place of block and item IDs in the /give command) of the Minecart with Command Block from "minecraft:hopper_command_block" to "minecraft:command_block_minecart"

=An alert appears telling you to use item names when you spawn an item in using its ID, as they will soon become deprecated.
="Diamonds to you" achievement can be obtained by throwing a diamond to a zombie that has the CanPickUpLoot NBT tag
=Minecart with Command Block only activates every 4 ticks (2 redstone ticks) when on a powered Activator Rail
=Changed the item name (the name used in place of block and item IDs in the /give command) of the Minecart with Command Block from "minecraft:hopper_command_block" to "minecraft:command_block_minecart"

=Reduced zombie lag
    =Added <structure>.dat files in data folder for storing structure data
        -Contains .dat called Village.dat, Fortress.dat (Nether Fortress), Temple.dat (Desert and Jungle), Stronghold.dat, Mineshaft.dat, and others
            -NBT structure consists of the individual parts of each structure, labeled "children," the chunk it originates in, a tag called BB, and an ID for what type of structure it is
            -The children tags have information on each part of the structure and the type of part it is
    =Added /setidletimeout <Minutes until kick> to automatically kick idle players after some time
        -Multiplayer-only command, can be used only by server operators
    =The sky near the horizon now darkens when the player has blocks between them and the sky
        -The greater the distance between the player and an area open to the sky, the darker the sky appears
    =Added and improved the video settings
        -Render Distance is now a slider ranging from 2 to 16 chunks
            -The sky is now visible on Short (4 chunks) render distance
        -Max Framerate is now a slider ranging from 10 to 250 fps, then unlimited
        -Added mipmapping, anisotropic filtering and FSAA (as a shader)
            -Mipmap levels can be set to Off and 1 through 4
            -Anisotropic filtering can be be disabled or set to 2, 4, 8 or 16
            -Post-Processing (shaders) can be toggled
    =Improved the super secret settings
        -The button now applies different experimental shaders - the actual effects will be used for gameplay in the future[citation needed]
        -List of available shaders: antialias, deconverge, outline, art, desaturate, pencil, bits, flip, phosphor, blobs, fxaa, scan_pincushion, blobs2, green, sobel, blur, invert, wobble, color_convolve, ntsc
    =Improved maps hung in item frames
        -They now display on the whole block
    =Improved achievements
        -Added achievement for throwing diamonds at another player
        -When a player earns an achievement, it is now announced in chat; This can be turned off

Offline Leninade

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »
That book change is nice. Nothing worse than wasting 30 levels for a single level 1 enchant on a book.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »
That book change is nice. Nothing worse than wasting 30 levels for a single level 1 enchant on a book.

Thats for sure. I kinda wish books were a little easier to make too.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »
Both just a little after the necro limit and double post (sorry), but completely revelent for the topic

They just introduced stained glass!!

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Stained_Glass

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
Oh yeah I meant to post all the recent updates here after reading them but got distracted. Stained glass and stained glass panes look great and I'm glad they finally added them. I wish it changed the color of the light but that would be asking too much.

13w42a(Today)
    Stained Glass and Stained Glass Panes have a smoother/transparent texture
    Witches now spawn outside of witch huts (Halloween Related)
    Rewritten the sound engine
    More different letters can now be typed on signs
    Rewrote the sound system
        Being able to add new sounds using resource packs
        Resource packs can now add, remove, supplement, randomize and group sounds using JSON
    Maps now display the color of Colored Wool, Stained Clay, allowing a wider range of colours visible on maps
    Transparency adjusted slightly
        If water is directly adjacent to ice, looking through the ice you cannot see the water. However, you can see the ice when looking through water
        If water is not directly adjacent to ice, you can see the water when looking through the ice.   

13w41a
    Added Stained Glass
        Crafted the same way as Stained Clay, but with glass
    Added splash screen: "Now contains 32 random daily cats!" in reference to Random_Guy_32
    Added Stained Glass Panes
        Crafted the same way as regular glass panes, but with Stained Glass
        Glass Panes and Iron Bars are rendered differently, and are 2 pixel thick boxes
    Iron Bars now connect to Glass Panes
    Iron Bars and Glass Panes now connect to Glass
    Fixed transparency with blocks
        Ice, portals and water are now visible through each other
    Rewrite of the network code[4]
        Uses Netty now
        Most packets won't change, handshake and ping procedure is being redone
        There is a packet length header
    Reworked the Server List
        Added server icons
        Lists the current players on a server when you hover over the player number
        Added Support for multi-line MOTD comments
        Removed support for MOTD comments going offscreen
    Changes to the Video Settings menu
    Removed Locked Chest

13w39b
    An alert appears telling you to use item names when you spawn an item in using its ID, as they will soon become deprecated
    A different alert in the main menu warns you of a change in the far future, which will result in Minecraft requiring at least the OpenGL 2.1 feature set
    The "Diamonds to you" achievement can be obtained by throwing a diamond at a zombie with the "CanPickUpLoot" NBT-tag
    Minecart with Command Block only activates every 4 ticks (2 redstone ticks) when on a powered Activator Rail
    Changed the item name (the name used in place of block and item IDs in the /give command) of the Minecart with Command Block from "minecraft:hopper_command_block" to "minecraft:command_block_minecart"

Offline Leninade

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »
Anyone have any ideas of when this might be ready for release? Been sitting on some ideas I want to do for quite awhile now.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
Its ready tomorrow!! FIRST KERBAL, THEN THIS. WELP SCHOOLWORK IS GOING TO BE TOUGH FOR THE NEXT MONTH!

3 Days isn't log

Offline Red

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
Minecraft 1.7.2 was just released.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »
Alright awesome, I'll see that SqtgDog is around soon to get things moving. I think he's getting married soon so he might be a little busy but LOL O WELL, we need the server updated ASAP.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »
Alright awesome, I'll see that SqtgDog is around soon to get things moving. I think he's getting married soon so he might be a little busy but LOL O WELL, we need the server updated ASAP.
Man, he needs to get his priorities straight. MC obviously comes before something as silly as getting married.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal