Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two rants worth watching/reading to kill time  (Read 1941 times)

Offline AbkaFlab

Two rants worth watching/reading to kill time
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »
First an xbox one rant. 20 minutes long, so if you have some time to kill its worth watching. Its pretty funny too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4kKvrA3S-Y

Second a rant for any battlefield fans out there:

A BF4 rant from http://enclaveoilrig.com/forums/showthread.php?16115-Were-going-to-awesome-at-Battlefield-4 quoted by Naterian.

*Imagine two pictures comparing BF3 and BF4.*

"That is the exact same game. Such as Call of duty 4 to Modern warfare 2. See a pattern here?

Battlefield 1942 Release date: September 10, 2002
Battle Vietnam Release date: March 14, 2004
Battlefield 2 Release date: June 21, 2005
Battlefield 2142 Release date: October 17, 2006
Battlefield Bad Company: June 23, 2008 (CONSOLE ONLY)
Battlefield 1943: July 8, 2009 ($15 CONSOLE ONLY)
Battlefield Bad Company 2: March 2, 2010
Battlefield 3: October 25, 2011
Battlefield 4: October 29, 2013

Now that we have all that straight let's get some things out of the way.

Every single Battlefield game up until Bad Company 2 to Battlefield 3 was unique and very different from it's predecessor. Whether it be a leap in graphical change, adding simple features like ADS or moving into a totally new era...

It went:

World War 2
Vietnam Era
Modern Era
Future Era
Modern Era (Destructible Environments) - Console Only
World War 2 (Destructible Environments) - Console Only
Modern Era (Destructible Environments)

Do you see a pattern?

Let's not even count the console only games, let's just look at Bad Company 2 where this nonsense started specifically competing against CoD.

Bad Company 2 only allowed 32 players, Bad Company 2 had no jets and Bad Company 2 had no prone mechanic. In short, it wasn't a real Battlefield game but it was a good game and was well received by the PC Community. Oh shit it even got a Vietnam EXPANSION for like $15? Let's see what we got for those $15!

"The expansion pack contained 5 new maps, 6 new vehicles, and 15 new weapons."

Good deal, totally justifiable - people loved Battlefield Vietnam and this brought them back. I got no gripes yet.

Almost 2 years thereafter Battlefield 3 is slated to release, everyone is excited it's finally going to be the real predecessor to Battlefield 2. We got our 64 player count back, we got our jets back and prone. Shit! They are even letting us pre-order for $50 and giving us the first BTK DLC for free. Those BF2 maps that everyone is so nostalgic about re-made in Frostbyte! It's all good so far. We're having our first 64 player Battlefield since 2142 in 2006.

But then...there is origin, you CAN'T play Battlefield 3 through steam, we're forced to get this all new client specifically for EA games? What the FUCK for? Everybody already has steam and it's so well established...why EA...WHY? Whatever...it's too big of a title to let one measly thing like Origin stop me, this game is going to be the shit. Another no surprise feature that for some reason everyone has accepted as the standard now, NO MODS and you can't host your own servers, you must pay for them through participating vendors selected by EA.

Hmmm oh well I get the game and it's awesome. Real awesome. Right up until they introduce this close quarters map pack that so much resembles Call of Duty. IF I WANTED TO PLAY FUCKING CALL OF DUTY, I'D PLAY FUCKING CALL OF DUTY but whatever I'm not forced to buy it. Next they announce "premium" membership, wtf? I already paid $50 for the game...why is there a premium model? This isn't a F2P game...the same type of model that we all LOVE so dearly in Planetside 2. Oh but it gets better "planned DLC" as if this is just something we're accepting now? BUY OUR PLANNED DLC AND GAIN ACCESS TO THE BATTLEFIELD 4 BETA, YAY!!!! No. Fuck you EA, Fuck you.

Cherry on top, BF4 is just the sameeeeeeeeeeeeee shit as BF3. We're gonna have that same DUMB shit Premium planned DLC. I'm a consumer and I'm fucking sick of these sleazy publishers trying to suck the blood out of my fucking veins. As a consumer it's my responsibility to vote with my wallet. I'm sorry that you can't think for yourself man and you just think I'm some "hipster" who thinks it's cool to hate on the big games coming out. Well I got news for you buddy, people have been hating on Battlefield and EA long before I have. JUST ASK TRIUMPHOFMAN

I also find it HILARIOUS you bring up Command and Conquer which is a series I cherished so much and guess what happened? EA BEAT IT INTO THE FUCKING GROUND, Command and Conquer 4 was a fucking joke and the servers for Command and Conquer 3 + Red Alert 3 aren't even online anymore. Now they have the next Command and Conquer coming out which is going to be F2P, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, A F2P EA GAME - I WONDER HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT.

Oh wait!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_World

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-roll...-world-6347632 <<<<$100 Car

I miss the days on PC where there was no DLC - SHIT WAS JUST FREE BECAUSE WE HAD OUR OWN DEDICATED SERVERS (http://timedoctor.org/2009/03/call-o...be-free-on-pc/), I miss the days where it was the standard to have modding capabilities -WE COULD CREATE OUR OWN MAPS AND GAME MODES (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwajMcOnI8) and have the ability to host your own god damn server which seems to be such an alien concept now. Then you could load it with anti-cheat software designed by the community and not some shitty broke dick Punkbuster Protection that can't stop shit like: http://www.tmcheats.com/cheats/battlefield-3/

Oh yeah that's right you have fun with those cheaters btw, a problem that has YET to be solved in BF3.

The ONLY reason and I mean the ONLY reason I would buy BF4 is because of The Enclave which will be a shame if we flock there en masse, we'll just be trading one evil (SOE) for another (EA).

Meanwhile, Keep droning on Cyridius!

/rant"

I just wish we could get a new true BF game. Same with socom. But no, games are never what they used to be.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:32:00 AM by AbkaFlab »

Offline Cadaver

Re: Two rants worth watching/reading to kill time
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:31:32 AM »
"Another no surprise feature that for some reason everyone has accepted as the standard now, NO MODS and you can't host your own servers, you must pay for them through participating vendors selected by EA. "

And now you know why there are No CG BF servers.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:31:32 AM »

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 02:42:20 AM »
"Another no surprise feature that for some reason everyone has accepted as the standard now, NO MODS and you can't host your own servers, you must pay for them through participating vendors selected by EA. "

Yeah, not going to lie I like BF3 besides the netcode, flashlights, suppresion, and scope glint. But its no where near the caliber of bf2 and some of the older games in the series. EA just ruins every game they touch because all they do is try and turn it into a cash cow and then just milk the cash right out of it till its dead. I wonder what will happen when everyone catches on.

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:51:36 AM »
There is one and only one EA game that I liked. And it was battlefield:play 4 free. I find it much more fun then bf3 or any other ea games.
whenbananasattack: Hugs are for people who aren't adopted

Offline oobla37

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:32 AM »

Because we're poor AF?

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
That was a solid rant. For me I don't take these games to seriously, I try to treat them as something that is fun for a while, but isn't something that I would pour the endless hours that I have poured into GMOD. I plan to get it for console so that I don't have to get origin and because I have lowered expectations for console. I don't expect modding or customized servers and I'm okay with it.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
That was a solid rant. For me I don't take these games to seriously, I try to treat them as something that is fun for a while, but isn't something that I would pour the endless hours that I have poured into GMOD. I plan to get it for console so that I don't have to get origin and because I have lowered expectations for console. I don't expect modding or customized servers and I'm okay with it.

But imagine how much more fun it would be with modding and customized servers. The only thing stopping them is that they wouldnt be able to release all the DLC they want because people could just remake all of it. Which means less money (which is all its about anymore) which is why its never going to happen.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »
So tell me, what recent EA game allowed you to mod it? The only ones I can think of are BF 1942 and BF2 (which would not be considered recent). EA wants full control over their games and only wants you to play it their way.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
So tell me, what recent EA game allowed you to mod it? The only ones I can think of are BF 1942 and BF2 (which would not be considered recent). EA wants full control over their games and only wants you to play it their way.

Exactly, it may be making them money right now but in the long run theres no way it can be good for them. Every year their reputation gets worse and worse.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal