Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can we fix/regroup the header buttons?  (Read 20414 times)

Offline RalphORama

Can we fix/regroup the header buttons?
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:38:14 AM »

Fig. 1: The Bane of my Existence

See the way the "Donations" and "Log out" buttons spill over the navbar towards the left of the image? Is there a way we can fix that by grouping some of the buttons together? It's a pain in the ass, especially when browsing on mobile and everything spills over. If we could maybe regroup things in ways as follows, or others:
  • Rename "Forum" to "Boards" and group it with "Shop" and "Arcade" under a folder named "Forum"
  • Possibly stick "Calendar" and "Bans" under that header as well

Honestly I'd just like a way to use the forum without the many, many header links spilling over and ruining my day.

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Old Crow

Re: Can we fix/regroup the header buttons?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:46:27 AM »
I'll be 2020 by the time that gets fixed Ralph, so I would suggest trying to do it yourself and ask for access to fix it.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:46:27 AM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »
Use Vertex-lowres theme it fixes those things.

Main page on the lower left lets you change it

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:38:37 AM »
Actually there might be a glitch or something up with the navigation bar.. mine doesn't seem to show the "ban" button on any of the cg skins, only when I log out.. posted this in the shout box a couple of nights ago.. could be different things for different people :O

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:20 AM »
Ralph is moderator of his MC section and that gives him the Bans and Moderate~ tabs for some reason.

I have had this issue for a while, even with my low-res vertex full screened ATM the logout button is below the Home button and prevents me from clicking the first part from the threads-string (Conjoint Gaming [Game On] >> CG Technical > CG Comm sugg- > post reply) and sometimes causes accidental logouts.

I believe we should remove the Calander,  change My Messages to Mail, blahblah. That might help along with what Ralph said.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
Ralph is moderator of his MC section and that gives him the Bans and Moderate~ tabs for some reason.

I have had this issue for a while, even with my low-res vertex full screened ATM the logout button is below the Home button and prevents me from clicking the first part from the threads-string (Conjoint Gaming [Game On] >> CG Technical > CG Comm sugg- > post reply) and sometimes causes accidental logouts.

I believe we should remove the Calander,  change My Messages to Mail, blahblah. That might help along with what Ralph said.

I don't have that problem at all and I'm using low res. What resolution is your pc at?

Offline Christovski

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »
Use Vertex-lowres theme it fixes those things.

Main page on the lower left lets you change it

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
Actually there might be a glitch or something up with the navigation bar.. mine doesn't seem to show the "ban" button on any of the cg skins, only when I log out.. posted this in the shout box a couple of nights ago.. could be different things for different people :O

Not compatible with that theme.

Also PC resolution is to blame for it bending down in vertex.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »

not compatible?.. your going to have to elaborate

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:08 PM »

Mystic Jade. Do you see TES on the bar of mystic jade?
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »
Answer to every "why doesnt XYZ theme work?" question ever below:

The only theme that has no problem functioning on all resolutions is Vertex-lowres

if you don't use it, its your own problem because ain't noone gonna fix them so just use Vertex-lowres even though it is boring and we don't like it as much

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »

Oh Sorry my bad, You don't see the bans button because Pillz who setup the retired thing with out waiting for approval did it wrong and it has incorrect permissions. Because everyone thinks they know how to run the forums better then me even tho I've been doing it longer.

Meh, I'll fix it.

*And by run I mean setting up the internals of it, like adding logos modifying themes...setting up new permissions, etc Given I have more experience with SMF then anyone here and I'm a pretty avid webmaster but meh*

Offline Burgers-13

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:20 PM »
Sweet! its back! .. thnx Inject ^.^!

@ chris:  i don't vertex bro, mystic jade all the way >:P

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »

Oh Sorry my bad, You don't see the bans button because Pillz who setup the retired thing with out waiting for approval did it wrong and it has incorrect permissions. Because everyone thinks they know how to run the forums better then me even tho I've been doing it longer.

Meh, I'll fix it.

*And by run I mean setting up the internals of it, like adding logos modifying themes...setting up new permissions, etc Given I have more experience with SMF then anyone here and I'm a pretty avid webmaster but meh*

You're so fucking cute sometimes Inject.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »

Meh, I'll fix it.

You're so fucking cute sometimes Inject.
I love you too.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal