Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: YouTube CG  (Read 3495 times)

Offline CannonFodder

YouTube CG
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
Ok first off I dont want to piss off anyone about this idea/plan. I just want you to hear me out. It's 3am right now and tired!!!! Now here is the thought...CG's Youtube is DEAD. Yep I straight up said it. I would prefer we start a new one or the one we have no is handed over to me (not just for my use, meaning leader) and start fixing and doing stuff. Tictac has done a good job and anyone who has helped. To be honest I just feel like and know YouTube is a good way to advertise this amazing community and expand. I will know post the thoughts.
Points of YouTube:
1. Free Advertising
2. Populate
3. Funds
4. Fun :D

Now for the videos!!! Ok lets get real here, do you think a 17 year old high school kid can pull off videos everyday and make them intresting and have the time...I dont think so :P! Thats why Im asking you!!! Yea you the community to be in the videos and post them. It wouldnt be a newcomer it would probably be a leader or someone who likes this. And it would be several people only not a lot. They would be then given a schedule and if they cant post msg someone so they could replace them. And it wouldnt be just one game but hopeully advertising all the games CG uses ex:Minecraft, Zombie Panic Source, Zombie Master, Team Fortess2..etc. And trying new games to expand more on hint hint: Aion xD hehe or other Mulitplayer games youd like to share. And it wont be oh new game everyday it would more be like this:
Zombie Panic Source Video- A round or 2 of playing(No just sitting and talking but commentary and action)
Minecraft Video- Could be a series of somewhat; Showing off builds; if in factions a raid
Aion for example-(I know most of you dont like it or dont know what this is) Record how the legion is, show dungeons and tip videos (The thing in Aion would be the Contjoint legion if people played)
......Those are examples

Now for the YouTube Channel
I dont want to do all of the setting up cause mostly I aint a professional at animation and art. All I can do it copy and paste haha! I would like if YOU made a background picture, profile picture, and a introduction for our videos. I would want the history of how CG came to be and why? We would need an epic trailer for people who check it out. There would be web links in video description and channel leading to here OUR forums and games.

Schedule:
Sunday-Saturday Posting at least 1-3 Videos a day, putting us out there will help us and make those who joining have a good time
-If this were to happen I would need a 10second trailer that has ConjointGaming in it. And it would have to look profesional since its the first thing people will see 0_o
-I would need Custom Background Picture, Profile Picture and a list of thing our leaders would like advertised :)

This Channel is all about CG and most of all having fun with it :D
Please post thoughts I really want this to happen. Not expecting it to happen tomorrow but within a month or 2 so withtin we can set up the channel and other stuff...Thanks

Spirit

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: YouTube CG
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
Its already been tried and failed multiple times.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Its already been tried and failed multiple times.

This. 

Tic and one or two other people were the only ones who did videos, and at least half of them were done by Tic, who felt weird because it was just becoming a second channel for him, not accurately representing CG.

Most of the people who originally said they were going to do videos, didn't actually do them.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline CannonFodder

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »
Wow nobody have spirit in this :/
Spirit

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:13:19 PM »
We need to keep the people who do videos involved though, and eventually we'll have enough people in CG to seriously do Youtube but for now I don't think we have enough interested players.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline crovv

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »
As someone who has had a (multiple) YouTube channel(s) since 2009, I can say that making videos regularly is a lot of work, and unless a few dedicated, active YouTubers come forward in CG, the YouTube channel is not going to take off. I don't have the time nor the motivation to help it get off the ground, unfortunately, and TicTac did what he could, but it's going to take more than 2-3 people to get it running to the point everyone thinks it can run at.

Nothing against you, mate, we've just come out of a recent failure of the channel and no one's feeling very optimistic about it.

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 06:25:59 PM »
Not gonna lie, but you sounded like a dick about demanding control of the channel.

And I'll be honest again, I've been trying to get the videos I promised, but my friend (who has the equipment, the footage, AND my microphone) keeps forgetting to not make plans with his wife on top of the nights we're supposed to drink and record.

But yes, as excited as I was getting about this, it's becoming more and more a bust.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »
It was a good effort but really, it was tried, everyone was excited and on board, and it only trickled in.

It still is not the worst, and Tic has tried, its for lack of content submitted by CG, not for lack of Tic's effort because he's put up many many of the videos on CG's channel.

TL;DR: The channel and the person running it aren't the problem, the problem is lack of content from CG.  There is some (like Live said) but not a lot like you seem to want. 

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline grimlust

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
Not gonna lie, but you sounded like a dick about demanding control of the channel.

And I'll be honest again, I've been trying to get the videos I promised, but my friend (who has the equipment, the footage, AND my microphone) keeps forgetting to not make plans with his wife on top of the nights we're supposed to drink and record.

But yes, as excited as I was getting about this, it's becoming more and more a bust.

Whoever your talking about sounds like a dick.

**edit - I'm just throwing this out there and I know its been discussed before but it would be nice for creators to have access to the CG youtube if we would want content on that channel. I know personally its a bitch to not only upload to my channel but to upload to a 3rd party site and then send links to eventually have someone else upload it.

I'm just saying the easier we make it for CG members to get content out there. The more content we can expect! =) <3
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:33:50 PM by grimlust »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
CG's Youtube Channel should be put on hold, and everyone should continue making their own videos in the name of CG. We can have people play and record on OUR servers and THEN we can title the video's ConjointGaming and try to market those, but we have too few people involved it seems to properly run a group Youtube channel.

I'm really not sure which way to go with this, but keeping everyone involved in Youtube by requesting you make videos for the community to watch is all I got. When we have a multitude of 5-8 people regularily throwing videos up we can try again, but I think we expected too much out of the idea when we started and we just need to take it slow.

You can't force fame and success from youtube, it just kind of happens.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Dante

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
I think a good idea would have been to record a lot of videos in bulk then give them to whoever uploads and for them to schedule which video series gets put up which day and only do a video a day.
For example
Monday: Dark Souls
Tuesday: Vampire
Wednesday: Tutorials
Thursday: Minecraft
Friday: TTT/CSGO/L4D
Saturday: Mobas
Sunday: *Insert Colaberation/community/what ever videos*

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »
CG's Youtube Channel should be put on hold, and everyone should continue making their own videos in the name of CG. We can have people play and record on OUR servers and THEN we can title the video's ConjointGaming and try to market those, but we have too few people involved it seems to properly run a group Youtube channel.

I'm really not sure which way to go with this, but keeping everyone involved in Youtube by requesting you make videos for the community to watch is all I got. When we have a multitude of 5-8 people regularily throwing videos up we can try again, but I think we expected too much out of the idea when we started and we just need to take it slow.

You can't force fame and success from youtube, it just kind of happens.

For now I'm heading back to my own channel, but I'll continue uploading gameplay videos from CG Servers.
But as it stands, I've got more people on my channel and if I can build up and actual large amount, I'd be doing more good there than on the CG servers.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal