Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Last Call  (Read 9946 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

Re: Last Call
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »
IDK... A CG lets play video channel sounds fun and all, but there isn't much originality or thought involved. We need to have some bit involved, or something that makes us different from the thousands of minecraft and TTT machinima series made by uninspired 13 year old kids who watch pewdiepie and scream "I WAN DO DART TO". What I like about spellbound's portfolio is that he took a regularly mundane idea (Recordings of BF3) and injected humor and originality into it. CG should do this instead of dubbing teamspeak conversations over game play. If you do plan on doing voiceovers invest in a Condenser Microphone with a pop filter. This doesn't come with the pop filter but its a start

(http://www.amazon.com/CAD-GXL2200-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0002EKEHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386611726&sr=8-1&keywords=condenser+microphone)

(here's a separate pop filter)
http://www.amazon.com/Nady-MPF-6-6-Inch-Microphone-Filter/dp/B0002CZW0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386611768&sr=8-1&keywords=pop+filter

This way, you guys don't need to record sub par mic quality recordings with your headsets through a source game. Whatever you do, please don't record voice overs with a headset. please. plz. plox.

I do all my recording through my headset and it comes out fine, besides I've already shelled out the roughly 40$ for Fraps and another 120$ on my headset, I have no intentions of dropping another roughly 100$ on another Mic.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
I do all my recording through my headset and it comes out fine, besides I've already shelled out the roughly 40$ for Fraps and another 120$ on my headset, I have no intentions of dropping another roughly 100$ on another Mic.

I can testify that Tic's headset Mic sounds totally solid in his videos.  I've done recording in bands and such so while I will agree condenser mic's are great to use for vocals, they are hardly mandatory.  Granted, tic's headset is expensive because it is high quality, but still, its a headset that sounds like a normal person talking in a room, no scratchy poppy bullshit

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »

IDK... A CG lets play video channel sounds fun and all, but there isn't much originality or thought involved. We need to have some bit involved, or something that makes us different from the thousands of minecraft and TTT machinima series made by uninspired 13 year old kids who watch pewdiepie and scream "I WAN DO DART TO". What I like about spellbound's portfolio is that he took a regularly mundane idea (Recordings of BF3) and injected humor and originality into it. CG should do this instead of dubbing teamspeak conversations over game play.

There's still the matter of this ^

Secondly:
(sorry about the mic thing) I know from experience that condenser mics aren't mandatory. (Ive gotten plenty of voice over quality audio from my friends smartphone when we do band interviews)

I just know Ive tried to do voice over recordings with a "gaming" headset before and, for me anyway, the audio comes out like cheese.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »
Ideally Let's Play's will come later, but we need to find something originalish to do first.

So far I like the overdramatic TTT idea, where we all play like it's real life.

We should record all of our server's games like that. Play ZPS on an objective map, and have everyone play Scooby Doo looking for clues. When we schedule CG Game nights or Fun nights, we can do this since we will have more people playing the game than we'd usually be able to gather.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
You could always record some of the silly games we play on fun night, like THE HUNT on ZM.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »

So far I like the overdramatic TTT idea, where we all play like it's real life.

Spanish soap opera?

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
IDK... A CG lets play video channel sounds fun and all, but there isn't much originality or thought involved. We need to have some bit involved, or something that makes us different from the thousands of minecraft and TTT machinima series made by uninspired 13 year old kids who watch pewdiepie and scream "I WAN DO DART TO". What I like about spellbound's portfolio is that he took a regularly mundane idea (Recordings of BF3) and injected humor and originality into it. CG should do this instead of dubbing teamspeak conversations over game play. If you do plan on doing voiceovers invest in a Condenser Microphone with a pop filter. This doesn't come with the pop filter but its a start

(http://www.amazon.com/CAD-GXL2200-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0002EKEHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386611726&sr=8-1&keywords=condenser+microphone)

http://www.amazon.com/Nady-MPF-6-6-Inch-Microphone-Filter/dp/B0002CZW0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386611768&sr=8-1&keywords=pop+filter

This way, you guys don't need to record sub par mic quality recordings with your headsets through a source game. Whatever you do, please don't record voice overs with a headset. please. plz. plox.

I have you beat. XP    I blue shelled out about eerrrr roughly $400-500 on this. well I had this idea for a long time. I been busy with finalz for the past 3 weekz and now i am almost done. tomarrow is all i have left. : )

Offline Christovski

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »
Blue shelled?  Since when is this Mario Kart?  If it is, I call Dry Bones

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 08:33:04 PM »

I have you beat. XP    I blue shelled out about eerrrr roughly $400-500 on this. well I had this idea for a long time. I been busy with finalz for the past 3 weekz and now i am almost done. tomarrow is all i have left. : )
Blue shelled?  Since when is this Mario Kart?  If it is, I call Dry Bones
I call Koopa Troopa.

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
I'm still in. I have a random TTT video that I was going to upload to my channel.

Haven't edited it or anything yet so its still in bad shape atm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1505giibgg9ddbb/hl2%202013-11-24%2011-19-43-90.avi

THE QUALITY IS SHIT BECAUSE OF DROPBOX
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:54:19 PM by Mr_Rainbow »
whenbananasattack: Hugs are for people who aren't adopted

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:49 PM »

Lol I just dropped 650 on a Canon t3i and like... 80 bucks worth of camera equiptment. My friend just got a s'pensive boom mic. I fucking love shogun mics

Offline crovv

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »
I have Dxtory, Fraps, a Canon camera, a mic (a decent one), and maybe a pop filter if I can get one from my musically-inclined brother.

I used to be into film and YouTube stuff. If you need help when I get more time on my hands, I'm here. Until then I can do voice acting or uploading or something rather than make my own videos.

Offline holydeath98

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:43 PM »

Lol I just dropped 650 on a Canon t3i and like... 80 bucks worth of camera equiptment. My friend just got a s'pensive boom mic. I fucking love shogun mics

Oh, you're a canon person, that's nice. I just got myself a nikon D-90 with a 55-200 lens sooooo nikon master race
I don't know who you are or what you want. I don't have a lot of money but what i do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting useless shit on the forums I will not look for you I will not pursue you. But if you continue I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 09:53:52 PM »

Oh, you're a canon person, that's nice. I just got myself a nikon D-90 with a 55-200 lens sooooo nikon master race

Shaddup slut. its all about that 75-300mm zoom.... and next to no battery life stock.... fuck... ineedsomanybatteries

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »
Can I actually make my own video about a certain server on CG (TTT) and submit it for upload?

What i'll incorporate: - Introduce people to ttt
                                  - Advertise the community
                                  - Add humour
                                  - Say why we are more special than other servers
                                  - Thats it.

As long as we stay original but show that we mean buisness and that we're a fun gaming community, it will start RAAAAAAAAININ men on our servers and forums.

*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal