Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We need Editors!  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Pillz

We need Editors!
« on: October 02, 2013, 05:08:58 PM »
So while we're still deciding on Manager's we don't think we're going to need but 3-4 managers at the moment. What we REALLY need are editors, which will be the other part of the main youtube team for now. We're going to need quite a few dedicated people editing videos and setting them up for the CG Youtube channel. Everyone who's interested in being an editor or potential manager will post here. Ideally we'll pull managers from the more hardworking editors and so on. Of course not just anyone can be a editor, so only post if you're SUPER serious about being an editor. We're going to try to get a hefty team together that we can divide the work across when it comes, so we need to start training everyone now.

Our CG members make the videos, post or message them to the editors/managers, the videos get reviewed + fixed up & slapped with the CG intro/outro, fed back to the community for review and/or uploaded to the Youtube page. Videos must follow the standard CG rules and show our players on the best behavior. When changing videos the editors must talk with the video creator to avoid any drama, but videos that are deemed to long, boring or unfit for youtube will be refused until they are edited otherwise. Editors will not have the power to upload videos while managers do. Editors will be expected to look over videos to make sure they're appropriate for youtube, optimize the video for youtube, cut un-needed parts off of videos, and working with the video maker to improve the quality of the video. Managers will advise editors and be responsible for the uploading, tagging and promotion of our videos along with anything else editors can do. We're going to work on getting up an "approved" list of software and file sharing sites so everyone's operating on the same video recording software to make editing easier for all.

So if you want to be an editor or would like to help out somehow, let us know here!
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline crovv

Re: We need Editors!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »
The only problem I have is that I can edit, have edited in the past, but editing takes so much time and effort that I just don't have and won't have for a few months.

We need people who know what a time commitment editing is, and then a separate group of people who have the software and rendering/uploading capabilities but not enough time to do fully edited stuff.

If we're going to make fully fleshed out, edited, funny, fast videos, we're going to need someone working for hours a day/week on that, not just adding an intro/outro.

As for the rest of the videos, slapping an intro and outro on and possibly cutting it up into parts would be the easy part, and rendering would be the hard part.

Just something for everyone to keep in mind: even if you only have one project going on, going through an hour or two of footage to make a 20 minute video is a long and tedious process.

---

Switching gears, I can be someone who makes short little videos, cuts things into parts, adds the intro and outro, etc., as I have the minimal amount of time (for now) but do have the means to do that stuff.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »
Im more then willing to help with reviewing and editing with intros and stuff if needed.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal