Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [ZM] Adolf's Admin Application  (Read 7719 times)

Offline Adolf

[ZM] Adolf's Admin Application
« on: July 23, 2014, 06:05:31 AM »
Were you recommended by an admin?: Nope.

In game name: Adolf Hitler

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aspork

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22903302

What helpful qualities do you possess: I've been playing this game for a few years and the server's in need of more admins. I'm also a pretty nice guy.

What country are you from (and time zone): United States. Pacific Time.

Microphone: Yes

Do you have past admin/forum experience: A lot of forum experience. However, I can't say I've ever been a serious admin for any games or forums.

Do you use our TS server: No, but I'd be willing to

Additional Notes: I'd probably compensate for the absence of Futeko and cut down on griefing. Just something to think about.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:35:17 AM by Pyro »

Offline abdo_sayed

Re: [ZM] Adolf Hitler's Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:17:22 AM »
+1

iam with him ... i saw him many times in our server .i checked the history of the server :
https://www.gametracker.com/forums/forum.php?site=1&category=114469

he always playing ... as you see he had a many names in our server

i think he will be useful ... he always fair with players

i will give him a chance to be a trail admin in a week

and i ill be an eyes of the server ..if he did not do will ... i should tell you (other admins)

he looks pretty good and useful .. so my vote is : +

i will never see like him in the server

and thx
zombie master king,

abdo_sayed

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:17:22 AM »

Offline Artemis

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:13:52 PM »
Because having an admin called Adolf Hitler is just a stupendous idea.

Why in the name of Sagan is that name even allowed in game, much less in forums? I know CG doesn't have a wonderful track record for political correctness, but this is just shitting on the few lines that were established.

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:31:55 AM »
Because having an admin called Adolf Hitler is just a stupendous idea.

Why in the name of Sagan is that name even allowed in game, much less in forums? I know CG doesn't have a wonderful track record for political correctness, but this is just shitting on the few lines that were established.
That is a perfect point, and I completely agree. The name has the potential to cause conflicts with jewish members of the community, or jewish players inside of ZM at the time he is online. Not to mention, when I was a administrator on ZM he was a constant hassle. I know Futeko will probably have a different word in, but I see where his opinion is coming from as I haven't been on the ZM for months now. Anyways, I completely disagree with having him as a administrator due to the fact his name shows he will now have the maturity to hold the position.

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Futeko

Re: [ZM] Adolf's Admin Application
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
I do believe Adolf would be a good admin - he's a good player and a fair ZM - but as the others pointed out, that can only happen if you drop the whole "Adolf Hitler" act. I know it's neither racist nor childish - it's just satire and people should be able to understand that - but what is ok as a player might not be as an admin. People are jealous by nature and will look for anything they can complain about regarding your admin status and the way you handle it, and the Adolf act is just handing that to them on a silver platter. I thus believe it will cause more disruptions that solved issues.

So I'd give my +1 only if when playing as an admin you drop the Adolf act.

Offline abdo_sayed

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 02:27:12 AM »
If you think carefully about the name .. can be changed at anytime did he want
However, I did not see any one has a problem with his name
I saw him many times trying to fix the problems between players

so Do not make the name Adolf reason to prevent
zombie master king,

abdo_sayed

Offline Adolf

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »
@Futeko

What exactly would that entail? Would I only need to change my name when using admin powers or whenever I join the server, even as a regular player?

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 08:14:01 AM »
@Futeko

What exactly would that entail? Would I only need to change my name when using admin powers or whenever I join the server, even as a regular player?
I would say avoid using the player name in all, as it could easily bring tention to a situation. I myself am not jewish or get easily a offended, but there have been instances I've seen with situations as this. As Adolf was a glorified character in the tales of the world, I'd rather not see a administrator with the name Adolf Hitler. I have a few friends that'd be easily offended by this, who are indeed Jewish and do play the game. I could be completely wrong though, I obviously don't know how Adolf acts ingame so I have to judge my vote off his ingame name. I'd say give him a shot if he changed his name, if he doesn't want to them boot him. It's to much of a touchy subject in my mind.

Abdo_sayed, I'd hate to be like this but just because you don't see a problem with his name doesn't mean other players wont. Also, I wouldn't really keep posting on this if I were you because it gets hard to read your english and I'd rather not have to spend 30 minutes reading your reply and trying to understand. I get that it isn't your problem but again..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:45:04 AM by Ozborne »

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Kwarte

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 03:09:22 PM »
I know I never play ZM so I cant say anything about the way you act/play. But however I can determined that having the name of Adolf Hitler, you lack of maturity. Either you dont know what he did or you just dont give a crap about it. In both case, it dosent fit. We are a community and dont want to be affiliate with kids that use name that has meaning of slaughter of innocent people for a "dream". I wont accept someone who either has offensive or sexual matters in the name.

So I Give my -1 because "not giving a fuck" (about what adolf hitler did) and posting with such a name.

Offline Artemis

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 03:49:34 AM »
I remember, way back in the day, when myself and a bunch of other administrators in forum changed our signatures and profile pictures to motifs involving the Grammar Nazi Squad. It was all a joke (and an abused one at that), aimed at the ever increasing levels of shitty grammar in CG.
A fair share of players thought the joke at hand was in poor taste and raised Hell about it. The signatures and profiles were deleted and the whole thing faded into oblivion, eventually. The little fun we had wasn't worth the backlash we got. It was childish, it was immature. Mostly, however, it was done in the wrong place, in the wrong way.

While I may have a personal opinion on the use of satire and humor when it comes to sensitive subjects, the obvious and rather blatant fact is that, as an Admin, you are expected to embody everything a good player should be. At the very least, you're expected to avoid callous displays of sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, racism, trans-phobia, and in this case, antisemitism. There are few things more callous than naming yourself after the man responsible for the brutal slaughter of millions. If you are unable to understand this very simple fact, they I urge you to re-consider your application. I'm surprised you didn't change your name prior to applying. If I were still involved in administrating CG, I wouldn't let you play on the server as a player with that name, much less grant you adminship.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:52:08 AM by Artemis »

Offline Futeko

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
@Futeko

Sorry for the slow reply (busy weekend)
This is a tricky topic because it's mostly about PR - what qualifies as "good for the image of the community" and "bad for the image" is highly subjective and difficult to define clearly.

As others pointed out, having an admin named "Adolf Hitler" is most probably bad PR and we're going to get flak because of that - regardless of whether people understand the satire nature of the whole act.

The issue is that even if you were to leave the server and join under another name to carry out admin matters, people are going to notice - whether by behaviour (you leave, someone joins back, someone gets kicked, the guy that joined left and you rejoin) or by looking up SteamIDs.

Now in my opinion, that itself is not an issue; just like you can wear whatever you want outside of work, you can behave however you want (within server rules) outside of your "admin work". Personally I would not have an issue if you'd carry out all admin-related things under another name - whether on the server or in the forums. I believe that would be highly inconvenient for you unfortunately, but if you're willing to do that, I'd see nothing in the way of my +1.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal