Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: x  (Read 2582 times)

Offline SlyWilliam

x
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
x
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 02:07:00 AM by SlyWilliam »
"Why does everyone quote a CG member in their signature?" -SlyWilliam

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

Re: Star Wars The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »
It looks interesting, not like a WoW paint job like some other MMOs out there. Definitely worth checking out.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »
"Due to high demand and limited quantities of Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢,"
Complete the order form below.
2You will be sent an email confirming your pre-order request has been received.3Pre-order requests will be processed in the order they are received, while quantities last.4An email will be sent within 48 hours to let you know if your pre-order request was successful.
If your request is successful, your credit card will be charged for the pre-order. Your card will be charged for the price of the edition you ordered when the game is released. If you have questions, please see our pre-order FAQ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this on TotalHalibut's Youtube channerl (Mailbox)

It's absurd.
Also if you want it cheap. Early acces + 30 days incl.
http://www.g2play.net/store/MMO-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-EA-Origin-Key-Pre-Order-Early-Game-Access-30-days-included.html

It's only sad. I want to buy it. But I can't Buying a pc soon :D

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
The “Standard Edition” is priced at an extraordinarily unstandard £45, while the “Digital Deluxe” version is an eye-hurting £60! It also says there’s the pre-order fee of £5, and I can’t see anywhere that says this is deducted from the total amount. Goodness knows.

I don't know the conversion from £ to $ but here it's $60 (Standard Edition) on realease which is normal price for a new game. Also while it costs $5 to pre-order I do think it's fair because you get like a week or 2 to get your copy and play before the general public.

I do have to agree with you however how stupid it is that they are limiting preorders. EA has been very cocky lately; I think they need to wise up before everyone really gets pissed. Between the BF 3 chaos; this, and also apparently a new Sims expansio pack they are making people reserve to get full content it's crazy.
I see something wrong with your 60 Dollar is normal thought pattern, this is a subscription based clonky MMO, 60 dollars might be normal for a blockbuster but jesus an MMO????
I remember being able to get WoW for around 200 kroner which is around 35 dollars at launch, same goes for warhammer online which I believe was 250. Never have I as a norwegian a country said to be the most expensive country in the world seen an MMO launched at that price, and that should say enough.
Another thing is EA has released such a small amount of real info about the game, so I fear that it will be a shitstorm like my friends told me warhammer online was. To be honest I was actually looking into this game a while back, even though I hate MMO's, because of the SW theme/sci fi theme. Also a pre purchase pay more money get it earlier model is stupid as fuck, it is so money grabby that it is not even fucking funny, basically what they are saying is pre purchase it or a big portion of the first wave playerbase will be in front of you and start fucking you over, especially if you play pvp meaning ganking WOOOOOOOOO (not sure if ganking will be possible in this game but yeah).

last thing is really special edition to 500 kroner which is twice the amount of the other MMO's i've seen at launch, FUCKING REALLY???

end rant.
oh wait fuuuuuuu, forgot yeah your being forced to use a shitty net service that has very very very bad servers for global use, I am talking about origin. the closest server for me on steam, in my country, the closest server to connect to for origin FUCKING BRITAIN or something.
whilst steam can use my bandwith as well as possible getting an average of 350 kb/s, what I would get on origin would be an average of 100kb/s that is more than 3 times less.
another thing origin looks shit, and the game is said to be fucking massive so downloading it on 100kb/s speed is out of the question, if you don't have a good internett and live in America your screwed. If I ever bought it i'd have to go trough the hastle of going to a store, which is very limited in Norway because computer games are hardly sold here because steam has this market so pinned down that it is funny.
wait crap another thing-.-, going to a store and buying a game that seems to be the pinacle of nerdiness would also be weird as fuck, I know most of the people working at the game store where I could buy this and that would be awkward as fuck...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:36:15 AM by Jorgen »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »
Have you ever really used Origin good.
IMO I am just really only used to Steam.

But really steam has the money for it. To do it.
I guess They're now trying to get more money to maybe... upgrade the servers?

The early access shit is indeed bullshit. Same as what they did with Medal of Honour to get early acces to the other EA game (Don't know which one BC2 or bf3)

For me it just looks like a "Going to whole other operation system. ( Pc <-> Mac) "

But are there only servers for SWKOTOR in USA. RANT THAT SH!T.

Offline Leomire

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »
I plan on buying it as my Mmo addiction hasn't been fed in a while and i've been itching for a new one for quiet some time. I'm interested in how all this will play out

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
I haz pre-order at Gamestop.  Can't wait!!!

Also, the reason they can run out is they are limiting the number of pre-orders to control the amount of early access handed out with the preorder.   

thank you

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »
I haz pre-order at Gamestop.
Fucking piece 'o shit. I herd it has bad customer service and people still like the get buttfucked over the fact that they keep making those fucking deals with game companies.

Also, the reason they can run out is they are limiting the number of pre-orders to control the amount of early access handed out with the preorder. 
True. True...

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
True. True...
Don't understand how that helps, it is random people getting the preorders... Why just why is that better????

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »
Limited initial quantities are to make sure their servers dont collapse during the initial roll out...

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
/ stress test.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
/ stress test.
haven't done that with open beta testing and closed beta testing? well fuck what were they doing during those things then?

Offline Leomire

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »
Im gonna be preordering soon For the Republic baby

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 05:00:33 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal