Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Do you want more or less maps listed?

More
9 (50%)
Less
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 27, 2013, 02:01:51 AM

Author Topic: The new TTT map plug in is dumb.  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

The new TTT map plug in is dumb.
« on: December 22, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »
I really dislike the fact it only gives us a handful of maps to choose from. I mean honestly, people complained that we only played the same 'two maps' over and over again which is not true at all. Revert it back please.

Offline mjb627

Re: The new TTT map plug in is dumb.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »
I'd have to disagree, this is still a decent sized list of maps, and I think it's better if the maps we can pick is random so people that say we play the same maps wont complain.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »
Sometimes it picks a bunch of shit maps and leaves out good ones, though.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:56:58 AM »
Sometimes it picks a bunch of shit maps and leaves out good ones, though.
That's life though.
I'd honestly prefer it if it only gave 2 or 4 options for maps, so we could flame each other more over what map to pick.

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 02:01:02 AM »
I'm not changing the pluggin, that would be dumb. It would take me all of 3 seconds to make it so that it lists more maps, I have the list so small because people have complained that there were too many options before. I'm going to add a poll to this thread so that you guys can vote on whether or not you want more maps on the list or less.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline crovv

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:05 AM »
I'm not changing the pluggin, that would be dumb. It would take me all of 3 seconds to make it so that it lists more maps, I have the list so small because people have complained that there were too many options before. I'm going to add a poll to this thread so that you guys can vote on whether or not you want more maps on the list or less.

I voted for less and here's why:
With more options, we just keep seeing the same maps over and over. If we saw anywhere from 4-10 maps, it gives us a chance to rotate maps through that we haven't seen before, and hide away the maps we've seen too much. If we expand the list back to what it used to be (showing most of/all of the maps) we would do what we did: a rotation of all the same maps, all the time, with little-to-no variety.

If you haven't played a map in months/years, why complain about it being so bad? Give it a try again with the new map plugin system, and see if you have a new set of good maps, rather than just voting for the same 4 maps.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »

I voted for less and here's why:
With more options, we just keep seeing the same maps over and over. If we saw anywhere from 4-10 maps, it gives us a chance to rotate maps through that we haven't seen before, and hide away the maps we've seen too much. If we expand the list back to what it used to be (showing most of/all of the maps) we would do what we did: a rotation of all the same maps, all the time, with little-to-no variety.

If you haven't played a map in months/years, why complain about it being so bad? Give it a try again with the new map plugin system, and see if you have a new set of good maps, rather than just voting for the same 4 maps.

I don't play on our TTT server to play a wide arrange of maps. I play on our TTT server because it had a consistent map flow. I'm not interested in playing half the maps we have. Also where was the initial vote for this for the community? There wasn't one. People bitching about the same maps? There was no complaints made here? There was no suggestion for this? There was no discussion with the community? This is a COMMUNITY server, meaning we discuss things before they happen, not just fucking do them for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:21:36 AM by Kwaurtz »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:23:13 AM »
Games like ZPS, TF2 and most other games only have 4-6 maps in their mapvotes. Often the mapvotes are only maps people don't want to play, which can kill the server; but that raises the question "Why are these maps on our server?".

I never liked how many maps were available to vote for in GMOD and how 4-6 people always wound up voting by themselves.

If there isn't a nominate feature to make sure the maps you WANT to play aren't in the next mapvote though, I can understand how that might be an issue.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »
I don't play on our TTT server to play a wide arrange of maps. I play on our TTT server because it had a consistent map flow. I'm not interested in playing half the maps we have. Also where was the initial vote for this for the community? There wasn't one. People bitching about the same maps? There was no complaints made here? There was no suggestion for this? There was no discussion with the community? This is a COMMUNITY server, meaning we discuss things before they happen, not just fucking do them for whatever reason.

Not everything happens on the server Kwuartz and there is absolutely nothing out there saying that I need to have the community go ahead for every single thing I want to do. If that were the case our server would have nothing on it. I added this pluggin for three main reasons: it is a lot stabler than the last pluggin; it always activates after the last round has been played; and it has the map timeout feature that has been requested MANY times. The lack of maps on the list is just something I'm testing out which I am more than allowed to do. The whole point of testing things is to get feedback which is what I am open to, not rants or structureless complaints.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »

Not everything happens on the server Kwuartz and there is absolutely nothing out there saying that I need to have the community go ahead for every single thing I want to do. If that were the case our server would have nothing on it. I added this pluggin for three main reasons: it is a lot stabler than the last pluggin; it always activates after the last round has been played; and it has the map timeout feature that has been requested MANY times. The lack of maps on the list is just something I'm testing out which I am more than allowed to do. The whole point of testing things is to get feedback which is what I am open to, not rants or structureless complaints.

+1 /claps/

Opinions are welcome but do not define what exactly needs to be done, because not everyone will agree anyway. It's good to try different things every once in a while and see how it works, and if it proves inefficient or problematic; we'll change it again. Head Admins have complete control over what they want to do with the server, and if people disagree we take it into consideration and try to find ways for everyone to be happy.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »

I disagree whole heartedly. You don't fund the server solely by yourself, the community funds the server. If it weren't for people like myself who come to bitch and nag, there wouldn't be servers for you to have any sort of control over anyways. All I'm asking for is some sort of notification of 'Hey, we are going to transition to this model on this date, please post your opinion here for further discussion', instead of logging into the server and key things like that being changed without any sort of discussion. If you aren't going to take the community into consideration, then what is the point of having a group of people formed and dedicated to the servers? Thats taking a good chunk of the purpose of the community and throwing it away. If you look at what the current CL's are doing they are moving completely towards asking the community more of what they want anyways.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
I think at the very least a forum post of some sort should have been made to give people a heads up or log changes. (if there is one disregard what I said I am blind.)

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
From the shoutbox:

Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!):
So after 2 hours of being a dumb idiot I got a new map voting pluggin working that has pretty much everything that everyone wanted.
Yesterday at 12:39:56 AM

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »
I think a forum post of some sort would be better. A lot easier to see than the shoutbox and unlike the shoutbox if you miss the post you can see it in "Updated Topics"/"Recent Unread Topics.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
It's two different ways of approaching the same problem. I would rather get feedback after you guys have tried the improvements/changes than if you just read about the idea. I have added a lot of stuff to the server while I've been HA and this is the first time that anyone has complained about me not making a thread about it. I really do not understand why you need a heads up for this, it's just a map voting pluggin.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal