Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Banned?????  (Read 5832 times)

Offline r3agan

Banned?????
« on: June 11, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
I haven't played this game in 4-5 years and I tried to join one of your servers and said I was banned. Would like to know why. I don't cheat or hack so what is it.

Offline Ozborne

Re: Banned?????
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »
You were banned by a Community Leader under the name of Inject. As far as I can see the ban reason is "banned_user.cfg import", and if you hadn't played the game in that amount of time please explain why you were banned 5-16-14? Anyways, I suggest you post a appeal!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:28:17 PM by Ozborne »

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »

Offline r3agan

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 11:58:35 PM »
No idea, like I said played this years ago when it first came out and DL again yesterday. Really was just curious, the ban hasn't stopped me from playing. The guys I play with said maybe it was from 4 years ago I said no way so just trying to find out.

Offline Red

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »
After doing a minimal amount of digging with this guy's steamid I found that he was banned 4-5 years ago for teamkilling on another server... I can't remember which one, maybe it was "people that game" or w/e. Anyways, all of the other bans I found on his steamid proved to be imported bans. This means that they were copied from one place/banlist and imported to another one. This means that, likely when Inject was re-creating the sourcebans he imported some bans from other hidden servers. This would make so that R3agen, who was banned years ago for teamkilling would be said to have been banned on the Conjoint Gaming servers rather recently. I don't know if I should clarify that anymore, but if there is confusion I suppose I could do so.

All in all, he was banned over 4-5ish years ago on a completely different server. I recommend he be unbanned, but that's just a suggestion. Do whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »
Yup, imported ban, Inject wasn't the one who banned him though.

I think he also imported banned_user.cfg with a bunch of Hidden: Source hackers. But I believe also the old bans from the Hidden server way back.

I guess we can give him a chance.

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
=P Technically Inject did ban him via the import.. but yeah. Anyways, as I said, when I googled his steam id I think he was banned for having 3 tks in 15 mins or something (permanently) I never saw evidence of him being a hacker since the only other bans I could find were imports =P. Either way, it happened like 5 years ago so I don't see the harm in unbanning him. Likely he'll just get himself banned again if SMAC is working properly and if the TK stuff I set up is working if he breaks any rules.

Offline Skilloutx

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 02:42:27 AM »
Thank you for the information that has been discussed on this point, which I think is very good.

Offline Red

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 01:18:30 AM »
Thank you for the information that has been discussed on this point, which I think is very good.
Oh, of course, sure thing bud

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 01:18:30 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal